+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6790Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well and I hope that you survive her recovery!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD you and the mister look lovely. I'm glad the daughter's surgery went well. And a big welcome to Redlady.
    Zac was back in the hospital with a fever last night. My son called this morning to let me know and said Zac wanted me to deliver Taco Bell for dinner this evening. When I walked in with loaded nachos he let me know he could go home as soon as he ate. They were waiting to see if he got sick or not. So he ate, kept it down and grandpa got to take him home. So yeah, I was the white knight who rescued him from the evil dragon. I loved it.

Oh, Unk - I'm glad it was just a short stay for Zac!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

UNKLESCOTT - Glad to read that the stay was short.

Myrosiedog - You let the patient know that if she gets too crabby - that you brought her into this world, and you can take her out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3240314;

Now if they'd just give me what they gave her, I'd be happy. Anethesia and pain meds make me happy. They make her just foul.
    Glad it went well and I hope you're hanging in there. Toe surgery in a couple weeks? For your sake, I hope she's not under for that one (or maybe you should tell her that if she's having this reaction to the anesthesia, you might have to tell her surgeon that you're afraid it's a bad reaction to the meds and maybe next time she should go without... or something like that).

Strong painkillers sometimes make me loopy (more teary than grouchy), and we discovered this after I broke my nose and had it set. So subsequently, when I had my wisdom teeth plus a baby tooth that had fused to my jaw pulled, my mom didn't even fill my painkiller prescription. Let me tell you, Advil is no substitute for prescription drugs! If there's a next time, I'll be making damn sure to pull myself together.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3240573;
    MRD you and the mister look lovely. I'm glad the daughter's surgery went well. And a big welcome to Redlady.
    Zac was back in the hospital with a fever last night. My son called this morning to let me know and said Zac wanted me to deliver Taco Bell for dinner this evening. When I walked in with loaded nachos he let me know he could go home as soon as he ate. They were waiting to see if he got sick or not. So he ate, kept it down and grandpa got to take him home. So yeah, I was the white knight who rescued him from the evil dragon. I loved it.
    I have always believed in the power of terrible-for-you fast food. I still swear that a McRib cured my strep throat.

I'm so glad that you were able to rescue your grandson. All the little things count
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Glad the surgery went well, MRD, and that's over with.

Unk - Sorry to hear Zac had to go back to the hospital, but I'm glad it was just a short stay. What a great grandpop you are!

Unk - LOVE that story of you rescuing Zac with loaded nachos. Think of all the memories he will have when this is all over. I know it sounds weird to say, but some of my favorite memories involve my chemo days - the pink ribbons on your avatars here, Pomeraniac taxiing me around in her jeep with the top down, my Kenyan friend extending the offer to go to Nairobi/Nanyuki with her, and all the people who stepped up to the plate to help who I wouldn't have expected. As the cancer experience fades into the past, he'll forget the pain and remember things like the nacho liberation.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Unk, I'm so glad you were Zac's knight in shining armour with nachos.

I too am convinced in the healing power of fast food.

Thanks all. Daughter had a comfortable night and is feeling much better. But still crabby. I don't get it. Anethesia and pain meds make me happy and very chatty. They do the exact opposite to her. Apparantly I have entertained all manner of hospital personnel with my chatty cathy self when on those type of drugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Redlady - Welcome to the FORT. As a Michigan girl, who is losing her job 2/1/09, I can certainly feel your pain. I work in Southfield, live in Clio (65 mile drive one way). Wisconsin would be a bit far to drive each day.

MRD - loved the party pics. You all look terrific! Happy your daughter is on the mend.

Unk - Zac sounds like he is doing better. That is terrific news. I will have to share the healing powers of the Nachos with my family. Of course, they don't need any more excuses to love nachos - they already do.

+ Reply to Thread