+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

lol, I work from home almost 3 days a week. It saves gas and stress since I have slight agoraphobia (sp?). The FORT will keep you busy even when you aren't busy with work!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Have you buried a statue of St. Joseph upside down in the yard? That's supposed to guarantee you sell your house. They're easy to find this time of year with creches and all (unless someone wants to tell me that St. Joseph isn't the stepdad of the baby in that manger). I don't make these things up. I just pass them along when the opportunity arises!
    Count your blessings!

I've heard about that!!! I didn't do it before I left, but I may enlist the help of my former neighbors with that request.

Should I not admit that I had to go look up the word "creches"?

I often have to look things up. So many different posters with different backgrounds. I learn new things everyday here!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD, your party looked like so much fun! You guys looked glamorous, too.

Redlady, welcome!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Bienvenida!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD-You look maarrvvellous darling! I love parties like that. LOL at the poor cigerette lady with no ciggs to hand out.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

We're home. She is a GROUCH!!! And nothing I do is right. But she came through ok. Just had an almost 2 hour delay before surgery as he was running behind.

She want's rolls and of course, not the grocery store ones and the restaurant closes at 2 and then reopens at 5.

She has gauze taped to her upper lip for drainage, but otherwise every thing is good.
    The dr. did say that with this being her second surgery, the chances of the polyps growing back are fairly high and that she may have to have this done periodically thoughout her life.
    The "mass" was just a huge amount of polyps.

Now if they'd just give me what they gave her, I'd be happy. Anethesia and pain meds make me happy. They make her just foul.
    So we are now stocked up on gingerale and gauze, pain meds, antibiotics and saline and are just waiting for the restaurant to open so we can get yeast rolls which the post-op nurse said would be great as she needs something to soak up the stuff in her tummy.

I think I need about 5 more sidecars.

But thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I hate when something happens to my child, even if she's almost an adult.

I have the rest of the week off and just have to go to the store to finish up the T-day shopping and will start doing some of the cooking tomorrow, so since it's rainy and COLD, she and I will stay cooped up in the house with me waiting on her and hopefully she will be fine by Thanksgiving.

Welcome Redlady.

Oh, I've heard that about St. Joseph too. I heard that you should also sprinkle holy water around the house after you bury him (he should go heads down) and then has to be dug up after the house sells. A friend of mine just did this a few months ago and told me all the instructions. I can't say it's worked for her as hers hasn't sold, but she's in a VERY seriously depressed housing market in Florida right now. One of the worst in the country.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Glad she's doing ok MRD, even if she's grouchy. Hopefully she'll fall asleep for most of the day and you can rest as well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3240315;
    Glad she's doing ok MRD, even if she's grouchy. Hopefully she'll fall asleep for most of the day and you can rest as well.
    I need to lay down. I have been in an uncomfortable hospital chair for 7 hours. Why are they so uncomfortable when they know you have to sit in them for hours?
    But you'd think that just sitting and reading and watching tv wouldn't make me so tired, but I am ready to cash it in and take a nap. Except I have to be standing at the takeout counter getting yeast rolls on the dot of 5 o'clock.

But thanks. I'm glad she's ok too. Now we just have to get through some surgery on her big toe in a couple weeks and hopefully that's the end of it for a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread