+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I also can't answer your questions, redlady. But I could add a few of my own! Welcome to the Fort!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Good to hear from you, Redlady, I hope you'll enjoy yourself as much as I do.

I think toasters and 1 1/2 yr olds know when to lay on more stress!

Quote Originally Posted by Redlady;3240087;
    Hi All New to the forum (or FORT I suppose I should say...). I've recently made the transition to working from home since we moved for DH's job, and now I'm home all day...with computers at my disposal...you get the idea.

On a completely random note - why is it that this morning is the morning my toaster decided to go renegade? It burnt the last waffle to an unrecognizable crisp. I have a 1 1/2 year old who NEEDS waffles in the morning.

On another random note - how is it that my son can't tell me when his diaper needs to be changed, but he can repeat the word "Waffle" 1000 times in a 2 minute period?
    As a male of the species, I can answer that. Because he will grow up to be like 80% of the men of the world ...full of poop, doesn't care except where the next meal is coming from...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That 80% figure seems kind of low . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

That's it! Sometimes I forget he's a little man. (Then he pees on me and laughs when I'm changing his diaper, and suddenly I remember).

80% does seem a little on the low side. I'm pretty sure my husband would walk over broken glass in the doorway if he thought dinner was on the table.

Work is not interesting to me today. Everytime I look at my e-mail I'm inspired to clean something - which either means I'm sick, or I REALLY don't want to work today.

Redlady. Work is never truly interesting, I think we just get numb to avoid thinking about it over the years!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Redlady! Fresh meat!... I mean, welcome to our world. We have a lot of fun here and care a lot about each other. Hope to hear from you lots. And look around - there's lots going on here... books, movies, tv, current events, and games! Oh, and men - bah!
    Count your blessings!

LOL - Bring it on! I don't mind being fresh meat. Since none of you can see me, I'll pretend no one out there is giving me the stinkeye.

MRD - hope the surgery goes well. Sinus problems suck. I hope this helps her out!!!

I think I need to stop watching CNN. It makes my blood pressure rise.

I have stopped watching all news lately. I feel like it's getting worse and worse and each time I listen to how bad we are in this country economy wise, I begin to have slight anxiety attacks. Now I just pretend all is fine and check my 401k weekly. It hasn't really lost much so I know in a year it will be better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm with you. I haven't opened my 401 statements. I prefer the Ostrich in the sand approach.

DH lost his job when I was 5 months pregnant (I'm lucky I didn't go into labor right then). Took him 9 months to find a new job (We lived in Michigan - the epicenter of despair, bad economic decisions and a mayoral administration so corrupt that Chicago was laughing at us). The new job he found sucked, but hey - it paid the bills, so I can't argue too much.

Finally about 2 months ago, all that goat and virgin sacrificing paid off and he got a job he loved. It required us moving to Wisconsin. We already owned a snowblower - so what the heck. (they paid to have someone come and pack up my house and move my stuff. If you haven't had this done yet - do it next time you move. Even if you have to put 1/2 of your belongings in hock to do so - it's worth it.). I've snowed my management enough at work that they are under the impression that they didn't want to lose me, so they agreed to let me work from home full time. ( I need to check my job description again, but I don't think chatting on FORT is in there. Hmmmm. Performance reviews are coming up soon. Maybe I should see if I can weasel this in as one of my goals...) My house in Michigan still isn't sold. I keep hoping the #$@* thing will burn down, but no dice.

+ Reply to Thread