+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3239705;
    Well last night was fun. We had a huge crowd most of whom did come in elegant 50's attire.
    I discovered a new drink (new to me) called a sidecar.
    We danced, we ate, we drank, we talked. It was fun and ended far too quickly.
    Wonderful pictures! It looks like you had a great time. Keeping in mind the time difference, my family and I were exploring the tide pools on the coast of Oregon and then sunset while you were in the party spirit. Speaking of spirit(s) - a sidecar? What is that anyways? It sure sounded like a great event.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3239929;
    Nice gams, MRD! I don't know that I've ever seen your hubby before. You both look great!
    I thought the same thing burnt when I saw mrd's picture! Looks like it was a great time.......you and Mr. mrd were quite spiffy looking in your attire!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Thanks all. It was fun. The food. Well it was ok. I didn't get much as either the lines were so long or they had run out of plates. But what I did have was good. They had meatballs, pasta with chicken, shrimp, roast beef bruschetta and some other stuff. And a fabulous dessert bar.

A sidecar is brandy and whiskey sour mix with a cherry. It's on the sweet side and I only had two before switchingn to Vodka gimlets. They had a limited bar so it was either martini's, scotch or brandy. Since a gimlet is just vodka on the rocks with a squeeze of lime, I went with that and therefore, maintained all evening and didn't suck down the drinks and make an ass of myself.

The Mr. decided to shave his head 2 days before the event. And getting him in a suit took a lot of talking and bribery. There were several in suits, but most of the men were in tuxes. He was NOT wearing a tux.

My shoes were off by the first hour. I have gotten to the point where heels just hurt.

I just went back and looked and I am not really taller than hubby, it's my shoes. But I do have longer legs than he does. That suit makes him look really short and he isn't. We're both about the same height.

Well today is my daughter's sinus surgery. The second one like this, the 4th one in her life. The kid has major sinus problems. Today they are removing polyps and a mass in one of the sinuses and then going to dilate the sinuses to see if they can give her more room. She has abnormally small sinuses. Right now she's more scared of the IV as they always have a really difficult time trying to get one of those in.
    I'm just nervous as it's my child. We should be back home by about 3 or so today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good luck with the surgery. Let us know how it goes. When I was a waitress at the country club in the mid 70's sidecars were a popular drink.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Thanks Gut. I hope she can breathe. She's been miserable since the end of Sept.
    I just am not looking forward to after so much. She does not come out of anethesia well and she can out grouch Oscar the grouch. I am stocking up on Gingerale and her request, yeast rolls from the cafeteria down the street.

I an stocking up on meds for me and lots of booze.

Seriously, she is the worst patient. But I just want her to be able to breathe well. And not have the excruciating sinus headaches she's been having. If it works like the last one, by tomorrow, she should feel great.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hope all goes well with the surgery, MRD. Maybe your daughter will surprise you and she'll be a good patient this time!

MRD, looks like you had a great time! I haven't heard of a sidecar since I quit bartending! Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery!

MRD - It sounds like you had great fun at your party. You and your hubby looked great.

I'm sending a prayer of good luck for your daughters surgery. My husband is like that when he comes out of anesthesia too. Groggy, out of sorts and grumpy as hell. Hopefully this will take care of her sinus problems for good and she will be able to breathe and the headaches will go away. Must be miserable for her, poor kid.

Hi All New to the forum (or FORT I suppose I should say...). I've recently made the transition to working from home since we moved for DH's job, and now I'm home all day...with computers at my disposal...you get the idea.

On a completely random note - why is it that this morning is the morning my toaster decided to go renegade? It burnt the last waffle to an unrecognizable crisp. I have a 1 1/2 year old who NEEDS waffles in the morning.

On another random note - how is it that my son can't tell me when his diaper needs to be changed, but he can repeat the word "Waffle" 1000 times in a 2 minute period?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlady;3240087;
    Hi All New to the forum (or FORT I suppose I should say...). I've recently made the transition to working from home since we moved for DH's job, and now I'm home all day...with computers at my disposal...you get the idea.

On a completely random note - why is it that this morning is the morning my toaster decided to go renegade? It burnt the last waffle to an unrecognizable crisp. I have a 1 1/2 year old who NEEDS waffles in the morning.

On another random note - how is it that my son can't tell me when his diaper needs to be changed, but he can repeat the word "Waffle" 1000 times in a 2 minute period?
    I don't have any answers to your questions but still wanted to say

I've spent a lot more time here at FORT since I've been laid off. It's a great place.

+ Reply to Thread