+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Rattus: I loved that story!

I'm really behind in getting into Christmas. Normally, the lights would be up and on and I'd be working on finding my "tree" and stuff and gradually be brining it all upstairs. We finally got a skiff of snow on the ground that has stayed but may melt in the next few days. I've had so much on my mind, I haven't gotten past the Halloween spirit into the Christmas spirit yet. I hate that. I usually love Christmas. I don't even have my Xmas card list figured out.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving in the USA!!! When is it exactly?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3239085;
    Thank you!! That is the part that bugs me more than anything - so presumptuous! I guess it's on though as my brother in law is spending his first Thanksgiving with his kids as a divorced dad. Mr. M said he sounded so excited about having the holiday with the kids and he loves to cook.... so he caved. DH had no problem telling his mom it was off - but then brother-in-law called and ..... you all know where this is going ....
    Maybe they aren't being presumptuous, but just want to make sure you don't 'miss' the holiday due to the surgery, so still want to do it at your place. I know, it's misguided, but what the hay. When I had a bigsurgery a couple of years ago my parents INSISTED I come stay with them, so they could 'take care' of me. I know I would have done just as well at6 home, plus would have had my own TV, not had to be quiet all night, and so forth--but sometimes you just have to let the parents have their way. Let the brother who loves to cook, cook away--and clean up too. You just sit there and take it easy, and resist the urge to help. It's not as hard as you think once you get used to the idea!.

It's 17 degrees here this morning-feeling more like Christmas than Thanksgiving!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3239110;
    Maybe they aren't being presumptuous, but just want to make sure you don't 'miss' the holiday due to the surgery, so still want to do it at your place. I know, it's misguided, but what the hay. When I had a bigsurgery a couple of years ago my parents INSISTED I come stay with them, so they could 'take care' of me. I know I would have done just as well at6 home, plus would have had my own TV, not had to be quiet all night, and so forth--but sometimes you just have to let the parents have their way. Let the brother who loves to cook, cook away--and clean up too. You just sit there and take it easy, and resist the urge to help. It's not as hard as you think once you get used to the idea!.
    I think this is a good idea. If you don't want to put on make-up, don't. If you don't feel like interacting, read a book. Let them pamper you.

This is the first year I am really excited for the Christmas season. I don't have alot of money for gifts, so I don't have to worry about the shopping. I love the lights so we will spend alot of time driving around looking at houses. We will be putting up the tree Friday. One of the bonuses of a fiber optic tree, no needles to dry up and fall off.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3239126;
    I think this is a good idea. If you don't want to put on make-up, don't. If you don't feel like interacting, read a book. Let them pamper you.

This is the first year I am really excited for the Christmas season. I don't have alot of money for gifts, so I don't have to worry about the shopping. I love the lights so we will spend alot of time driving around looking at houses. We will be putting up the tree Friday. One of the bonuses of a fiber optic tree, no needles to dry up and fall off.
    Isn't it amazing and nice that when you eliminate that part of Christmas you can then focus on the other parts that are so wonderful?

I tend to like doing special things for other people more than I like receiving gifts. Don't get me wrong, getting a gift is wonderful, but most of my joy comes from doing the things I do for others. Like handmaking cards or other items and baking for others. Decorating my home for my family, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving in the USA!!! When is it exactly?
    You'll know it's here when you hear 300,000,000 people simultaneously belching, setting off seismic monitors all over the world.

It's always the fourth Thursday of November.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Tonight is the museum fundraising gala. I have my dress, hat, gloves and my mom's fur stole and pearls. It's a 1950's supper club theme. I am perplexed at the way they are doing the food and bar. There is a martini lounge. It is ONLY serving gin or vodka martinis and scotch. I drink neither. The food is pork tenderloin with a baked potato bar featuring baked and sweet potatos. And dessert is pie. Apple and cherry.

Since this is a black tie event, I am just wondering why they chose this food. I work there so I get in for free, but everyone else is paying BIG bucks and so I just wonder at how much was spent on decorations to transform the place to a 1950's supper club, but the food is more like a cafeteria.
    Oh well, it will still be fun.

I'll post pictures of the ensemble I am wearing probably tomorrow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3238856;
    Come on out to California!! It's actually hot enough that I've turned on the a/c today.
    Air conditioning? That sounds so nice. It's 25 degrees here. I'm freezing.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 11-22-2008 at 11:19 AM.

bug, I'll be out on the next plane-I am trying to be patient for the cold. I have realized that I just don't enjoy it as I used to.

Margaritaville -- the thing about the inlaws having the shindig at your house is that you will then have a house full of people. Let one of the inlaws have the holiday at his/her/their own damn house, and then you have the option of whether or not you want to be around them, whether or not you want to be entertained and/or entertaining. For me, I'd prefer to have the option of not having anyone around while I recover. Then, if, for example, I wanted to go to the fridge for a snack wearing nothing but my undies, I have that option. And, more importantly, it takes away any possibility of my being tempted to "do something."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've already got 2 of my 4 inside Christmas trees up and tomorrow I (hopefully) will be working on my outside decorations! I love to have all the lights off in the house and have nothing but the Christmas lights on!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread