+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Sometimes, you just KNOW things, and there is no explanation. I've dealt with this off and on for my whole life, but seldom discuss it because people give you strange looks. And you don't know it's a premonition until the event occurs, which can be well after the premonition. I've learned to pay attention to my, seemingly, random thoughts, but I don't dwell on them. I don't find them spooky or eerie....they just are/exist.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3237044;
    Have any of you ever gotten any strong presentiments?

One time I was at the airport with a friend who was on her way to Istanbul, Turkey. While we were waiting I got this strong feeling she shouldn't go, it was a huge mistake, something terrible was about to happen, etc. I started to get really hot and feel very uncomfortable. I didn't say anything because I felt like I was losing my mind a little bit.

Anyway, she got on the plane and everything was just fine! The only bad thing that happened was that she rekindled a romance with her ex-boyfriend who was kind of a jerk. So now I know my "premonitions" mean that someone is going to hook up with an idiot in the near future.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I asked because yesterday we had something scary happen with my brother. He goes to the after school program and just comes home afterwards, we gave him keys because we live on the same block as the school. Well, yesterday, he didn't come home. I usually leave the house close to 5pm and he gets here 30 mins. later. Mom got here before 6 and since she didn't see him here, she thought that he was with me. I came home and she realized that he wasn't. So then she started to panic. I went back out to look for him at the school but there was only one person there, the janitor.

We stood outside for a while( in 35 F weather too) asking the neighbors if they'd seen him, etc. A friend of his said he saw him walk out and we asked if my brother was with him and he said no. We're close to calling the police at this point, it's unlike him to just take off to a friend's house after school. I came back home and in the interim he had called from a cousin's house saying that he lost his keys and wallet in school. He forwent coming home altogether (no one was home) and since he didn't have his cellphone on him, he didn't call me. In retrospect, my mom actually said that she had been feeling bad all day and didn't feel good at work, as if to say it was a foreshadowing of what was to come. And im thinking that i actually felt fine all day, and if something nefarious were to occur that i'd have felt it in some way. Hopefully, that waslife's way of telling me that things would be okay. I didn't cry or get highly upset, just a bit worried. Thankfully, we were just dealing with a forgetful child.

Anyway, she got on the plane and everything was just fine! The only bad thing that happened was that she rekindled a romance with her ex-boyfriend who was kind of a jerk. So now I know my "premonitions" mean that someone is going to hook up with an idiot in the near future.
    See? they do exist.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

OK, you guys have seriously freaked me out with these posts. I got the feeling yesterday that something was going to happen. Last night it was so strong that the feeling was that someone was going to die. I seriously felt it was going to be my husband. I've felt something very wrong all day today. I just received a phone call that my dear, dear cousin who I have always been extremely close too passed away this morning. I got the same feeling the day my dad died. It's so strange and upsetting to have these feelings and then have something happen.

And her family called me as they need the rest of the family's contact info and the funeral home in our home town's info. Her ENTIRE family is buried in this town and I have been to numerous funerals and other family events with the family and they didn't have all this pre-arranged? She was 90, it wasn't like this wasn't totally unexpected. I was also asked to call the minister who has preached all the family funerals to see if he would do this one too.
    I'm sorry, I'm just a tad freaked out, upset, and irritated at her family (her family has managed to irritate everyone else that I'm the only one left that is still sort of, kind of speaking to them so I get to make all the phone calls and half the arrangements from 600 miles away.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My condolences, MRD.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Thanks Amy Lee. I'm so glad your brother is ok. That would have scared the you know what out of me.

I shouldn't be upset to do any of this for my cousin. She was a fabulous woman who has always been funny and good to me and my mom. They were like sisters. They were practically raised together and she was just fabulous. So I don't resent doing this for her. I do resent the family and I shouldn't. They are grieving too. But they have NO ONE"S phone number but mine? Why is that? All the other cousins that were also close are in the same sort of age bracket and I'm the only one with any phone numbers?
    It's the children and grandchildren that have alienated everyone else and I'm the only one that they can still speak too.
    I can't even go to the funeral which has me upset as there aren't too many family members left that I'd consider the expense of going to the funeral for. But I would for this one. But of course, they are planning it on a day when my daughter is having surgery.
    Why are families like this? I mean, I feel such a sense of loss and I'm sure they do too, but at the same time, I'm irritated and I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be. I sometimes really disgust myself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm sorry about your cousin, mrd. I think you're perfectly entitled to feel "put upon" with the way her family is treating you. I'm sorry you won't be able to attend the funeral, when it rains it pours.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3237178;
    In other words "Hi, you've reached the Smith family. We don't care about you or your message, and we won't bother to return your call." That's just so rude.
    Unfortunately I have to admit that that the answering machine in our house does not get checked faithfully. The problem is that the people that work for/with my DH call him MANY times a day and leave unimportant messages for him. I have gotten tired of listening to 7-10 msgs per day looking for important messages that usually don't exist. So sometimes I just ignore the answering machine altogether. Yes it is rude of me, AND it is rude of his people to call him at home many times a day!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3238033;
    Unfortunately I have to admit that that the answering machine in our house does not get checked faithfully. The problem is that the people that work for/with my DH call him MANY times a day and leave unimportant messages for him. I have gotten tired of listening to 7-10 msgs per day looking for important messages that usually don't exist. So sometimes I just ignore the answering machine altogether. Yes it is rude of me, AND it is rude of his people to call him at home many times a day!
    Personally, I don't consider it to be rude and fortunately Ms. Manners backs me up. She, like me, considers the answering machine to offer the same protection from intrusion into your home as the front door, knocks on which I also rarely respond to (people who know us use the back door and I'm generally not interested in dealing with people who don't know us).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My mom often said that there is no law stating you must answer your phone or the door. They are there for your convenience. The same with your answering machine. However, ignoring messages indefinitely is rude (I'm sure at some point, ClosetRTWatcher, you listen to and respond to your phone messages). And for someone to take a message and not pass it on is terribly rude. If you don't want to pass on a message, just tell the caller "he/she is unavailable. Please call back later."

Ok - off the soapbox.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread