+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5951Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I guess the upside-down tree would work if you have a small space. You'd have plenty of room for seating, and look at all the space for presents! That being said, I'll stick with the right-side-up style myself.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3234660;
    I remember going to some Polish restaurant in Milwaukee -- and I can't remember the name -- that had little Christmas trees hanging from the ceiling year 'round.
    Do you think it was Polonez on 6th by St. Josaphats before they moved to St. Francis?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3234677;
    Do you think it was Polonez on 6th by St. Josaphats before they moved to St. Francis?
    Possibly -- or it might have been Crocus, but I'm not sure. I do remember that its logo was one of "Syrena" -- the mermaid. The restaurant might not even exist anymore, as we're talking something like 20+ years ago, before I moved to San Diego.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3234474;
    Somebody tell me what the deal is, what the attraction is of this stupid "upside down" Christmas tree that I'm seeing advertised. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a while.

The 7-Foot Upside-Down Pre-Lit Christmas Tree at Hammacher Schlemmer
    I actually have one of those(Shopko $100). I bought it, 2 years ago and absolutely love it. But I tend to buck tradition and like to do things different from everyone else. It makes life more interesting!

I can't remember where I heard or read about upside down trees, as this was many years ago, but the gist of the story was that people would somehow suspend them from their ceilings and it was a way of keeping their cats away from the tree, lights, and ornaments.

For $599, however, I could use that money in so many other ways!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3234768;
    I actually have one of those(Shopko $100). I bought it, 2 years ago and absolutely love it. But I tend to buck tradition and like to do things different from everyone else. It makes life more interesting!

Well, if you love it, then that's a good reason to have it. I think it would drive me crazy, and make me dizzy.

And one thing I do know is that cats love a challenge, and love to leap and climb. I still see nothing but trouble. I've stop putting up a tree at all. It was no fun having to leave the lower half of the tree bare.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just in case you thought you had heard the last about Dan (the exchange student)... I got a frozen turkey wicked cheap (49 cents/lb.) and let it thaw for a week in my fridge. Yesterday I went to cook it and it still wasn't completely thawed, but I decided to go ahead anyway. I rinsed it, forgot to pat it dry and was struggling to smear it with room temp butter when the phone rang. I carefully picked it up with two fingers and laid it on the table and put my head down to it. It was Dan in Thailand and he couldn't hear me, so I had to pick it up with my buttered hand. He didn't really have anything to say, but wanted to know how everyone was. By the time he hung up and I wiped down the phone and went back to the turkey, the butter was frozen hard on top of it. I slapped foil on cooked it the way it was. Even back in Thailand he's causing me trouble!!!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3235619;
    Just in case you thought you had heard the last about Dan (the exchange student)... I got a frozen turkey wicked cheap (49 cents/lb.) and let it thaw for a week in my fridge. Yesterday I went to cook it and it still wasn't completely thawed, but I decided to go ahead anyway. I rinsed it, forgot to pat it dry and was struggling to smear it with room temp butter when the phone rang. I carefully picked it up with two fingers and laid it on the table and put my head down to it. It was Dan in Thailand and he couldn't hear me, so I had to pick it up with my buttered hand. He didn't really have anything to say, but wanted to know how everyone was. By the time he hung up and I wiped down the phone and went back to the turkey, the butter was frozen hard on top of it. I slapped foil on cooked it the way it was. Even back in Thailand he's causing me trouble!!!

Sorry, but that is funny. So is this the first time you've heard from him since he left?
    I wonder if his parents made him call.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Wow, Gut, the gift that keeps on giving!! I am sitting here laughing just imagining!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut, I swear, you and Dan are your own worst enemies! Just the other day, I was wanting to ask about him, but I didn't want to stir up misery.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread