+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6429Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3228502;
    Sorry to interrupt this wonderful, although slightly combative conversation, ... but can anyone tell me how american t-shirt sizes go? Which is larger: a Youth shirt (XL) or a Junior shirt (XL)? They have no ladies sizes in this style.

It's Hello Kitty's birthday and there's a special shirt out but I don't know which one to order?

For what it's worth, I'm an adult small in tees and sweatshirts, and I can also fit into a youth large. I'm in the adult 6-8 size range for clothes. I would assume that a junior shirt would be larger, because the juniors dept at the clothing store is the stopgap between kids and adults, but that's really only a guess. The only thing about the youth shirts are that the arm holes tend to be smaller and shorter. I shoot for adult shirts, but my college sweatshirt is a youth large.

Misskitty, a junior size xl is way bigger than a youth xl-- junior sizes are for tenn to youn 20's women, so they are a bit shorter waisted, but not much-- jeans are often marked 11/12 or 13/14, meaning the first number is 'misses, and the second is 'junior', so the garment should fit either. A 'youth' size is generally intended for kids younger than teenagers, so unless you are a small or small medium adult the youth size probably won't even go on you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thank you...I'll go for the Junior XL which sounds like it will be ok.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3228478;
    Sure, i'll take your Flamingos, my kitty loves toys. Anything else you don't want? You got a Wii sitting around? A laptop maybe? But i love you though, don't forget that.
    Thanks Amy Lee.

No Wii or laptop. My daughter wants both for Christmas. Dream on I told her. I wish I had a laptop too.

I have 3 doggies though, they'd love you!

SR5Rfan, had my gallbladder removed about 10 years ago, so I know it's not that. It finally cleared up. I just have a problem with spicy food due to surgery and I'm usually careful about it and I take a daily antiacid, but this didn't want to go away.

BT, I love Anthony Bourdain and do ususally remember his advice, but I also know that the lobster ravioli comes frozen. They make the sauce and then just boil the ravioli. A friend of my daugther's works at this resturaunt. I know it was the level of heat in the dish. I avoid spicy food because it does this too me. Who knew this would be so spicy. I hadn't had it before. I avoided the "Southewestern" ravioli because I figured THAT would be spicy.

Miss Kitty, where did you find the birthday shirts? My daughter still loves Hello Kitty and dressed as Hello Kitty for Halloween.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Woooo, taking my first mental break at work in 2 1/2 days!! I can't wait till this month is over. Things should die down after that. I'm hoping this week will be the worst of it, but I'm sure my to do list for the next couple weeks will grow rapidly. The way things are going here, the highlight of the next two weeks involves a doctor's appointment of the sort that most everyone I know seems to dread, just because it's a day off from work.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I want to run something past my FoRT family. You guys know that I tutor children at a community center. They have to journal everyday when they first get there, present it to one of the certified teachers, and they get credit for completion. A lot of them will run it through me before they present it to the teachers. The subject of the day was fire prevention, and what you would do if there was a fire in your home. This one 6 year old boy (who shouldn't be in first grade yet due to zilcho preparation) draws pictures for his journal assignment. He drew a picture of an angel. When I asked him what that was about, he said that he wanted to be an angel and go up to heaven. I was a little shocked and asked if he understood that to be an angel and go up to heaven meant that he would die. A big smile came across his face as he nodded that he understood. He then told me that he wanted to die in a fire. I got a chance to speak with his mother, told her what he had said, and she told me that he was obsessed with death. She said that she had taken him to a friend's child's funeral so that he could see what death was and that it was final. I still have not been able to fully get my interaction with the mother and the child out of my mind. I kind of wanted to just shake her; she was just kind of 'no big deal' about it. Today, I'm going to make sure that the teachers are fully aware of what was said since I can't remember just how much of this I discussed with them. My mouth is still hanging open. I couldn't be "okey-dokey" about this if it were my child.

Somebody say something.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow Shay.... I think that mother should have her child see a psychologist pronto. If you speak with teachers about it, can't they call in a child psychologist or have one on hand to speak with him? This may end badly for that family and that mother shouldn't just poo-poo it all away.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree - this is too serious to just shrug off. If I were that mother, I'd be contacting a child psychologist immediately.

I don't know...I get from the mother that she's already choosing an odd (to me) way of dealing with his obsession with death. Maybe she doesn't have the time to talk with her son or was overwhelmed with the thought. My idea would be to get the school/community center fully involved right now. Don't pass Go, don't collect $200. I wonder if he recently lost someone, or likes fire, or is troubled in other ways. He doesn't write yet? And maybe he said it for attention. Either way, I feel he is very troubled. Let us know.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Danger, Will Robinson!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread