+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I haven't seen that since high school (ages ago!). All I remember is people dressed strangely and me throwing toast at the screen.

Wait...the Children's Channel? I didn't think that movie was very suitable for the kids.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

On a children's channel? Really? They'll cut out a LOT.

Do you think they'll let Dr. Frankenfurter sing Sweet Transvestite on a children's channel? I can see the questions that would arise from that.

We own the movie and the soundtrack and had we gone last night, I had my trick bag all packed with toast and rice and toilet paper, newspaper, squirt gun and lighter.

What's funny is my husband who is usually pretty laid back, doesn't dance, doesn't do much to call attention to himself, becomes a whole other person at a Rocky Horror showing. I was absolutely FLOORED when I saw him getting into it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3226749;
    On a children's channel? Really? They'll cut out a LOT.

Do you think they'll let Dr. Frankenfurter sing Sweet Transvestite on a children's channel? I can see the questions that would arise from that.

We own the movie and the soundtrack and had we gone last night, I had my trick bag all packed with toast and rice and toilet paper, newspaper, squirt gun and lighter.

What's funny is my husband who is usually pretty laid back, doesn't dance, doesn't do much to call attention to himself, becomes a whole other person at a Rocky Horror showing. I was absolutely FLOORED when I saw him getting into it.
    I watched it the other night, I forgot which channel. But I don't think Dr. Frankenfurter singing sweet transvestite will even turn heads today. You must remember this movie was 1975.. God I feel old.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I thought I saw it on the chiller channel - which is thrillers. Was it also on the children's channel?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3226750;
    I watched it the other night, I forgot which channel. But I don't think Dr. Frankenfurter singing sweet transvestite will even turn heads today. You must remember this movie was 1975.. God I feel old.
    There's still a few scenes that are questionable even today.

The Chiller channel had it on and we watched part of it. The funny thing is they put that 'fuzzy box" thing over the genitals of some of the statues in Frankenfurters mansion so we couldn't see them. Honestly, I had never noticed them before until they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3226871;
    There's still a few scenes that are questionable even today.

The Chiller channel had it on and we watched part of it. The funny thing is they put that 'fuzzy box" thing over the genitals of some of the statues in Frankenfurters mansion so we couldn't see them. Honestly, I had never noticed them before until they did that.
    DING. You win the prize. You and how many others until attention was brought to it?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3226739;
    We're watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight on something called Childrens Channel tonight at 8:00!

It's been quite a while since I've seen it. I am sooo excited!!
    Was CHILDRENS Channel a TYPO? Could it have been CHILLER Channel?

*aside* and people say I'M getting "strange."
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3226871;
    Wow. Speak of Hallowe'en horrors - I just had a nightmarish flashback about John Ashcroft when I read this .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    And I wonder why they bothered with the "fuzzy box." I distinctly remember that one of our audience-participation lines (at the Oriental Theater in Milwaukee) was "LOWER! LOWER!" on the close-ups of the statues, when the downward-panning stopped just short of the danger zone.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Can you die of indigestion? If so then this is my farewell speech. I had lunch out with a friend and what I got ended up being really spicy and I have now suffered for hours from it. I've had my Pepcid and tums and soda crackers and I feel like that damn lobster ravioli has burned a hole in me. And it wasn't even that good before the heartburn set in.
    I don't think I've EVER had it this bad, even last year when I had ulcers.

I will NOT be ordering THAT again, I can tell you. And I had Mexican food the other day and it didn't do this to me. But Italian has torn me up!

+ Reply to Thread