+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5843Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3226010;
    Oh, count me in the group who is so sick of this election that I cannot stand it anymore. Miraculously, the ads haven't been too bad, the people on the street trying to shill for votes have been worse. That said, it really doesn't help that one of my coworkers is obsessed, has his tv set to CNN all day (eight straight hours of that on any given day could probably make anyone insane, eight hours, five days a week, for four months and I'm climbing the ledge), and talks about it ad nauseam. Throw in the financial crisis, and some related stresses at work, and it's all combined to make me so sick of everything that I'm quite literally fleeing the country. Just for a weekend, but I need to go someplace where I won't hear all of the same stuff that I've been hearing about for two months straight (or more).
    Honey - you have it all wrong. The TV needs to go OFF the ledge!

Why is he watching TV all day and not working?

Can't you ask him to wear headphones?

MRD

I just want to add something about popular vote vs. electoral college. Even though some of you may live in states where you know your vote is not going to gain electoral college votes, the popular vote does come into play after the election. When Obama wins, the higher the popular vote, the more political clout he will enter office with. This means that the congressmen and women and the senators will have to be on their toes with their consituients for their next election if they see how much popular vote was cast in their states and districts and it will be politically expedient for them to work with the president or face the possibility of losing their own elections next time around.
    So each vote does count.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3226010;
    Oh, count me in the group who is so sick of this election that I cannot stand it anymore. That said, it really doesn't help that one of my coworkers is obsessed, has his tv set to CNN all day (eight straight hours of that on any given day could probably make anyone insane, eight hours, five days a week, for four months and I'm climbing the ledge), and talks about it ad nauseam. Just for a weekend, but I need to go someplace where I won't hear all of the same stuff that I've been hearing about for two months straight (or more).

You are so right--to make it worse I don't care to hear anymore because I already voted, two weeks ago.
    If it makes you feel any better, I am giving you not one but 2 stars
    and a for correctly using the Latin term ad nauseam, rather than the usual but incorrect "ad nauseum" that I see constantly, and which is a pet peeve of mine right up there with improper apostrophes.
    Anyway, hang in there, the election is almost over.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3226166;
    Honey - you have it all wrong. The TV needs to go OFF the ledge!

Why is he watching TV all day and not working?

Can't you ask him to wear headphones?
    I work in finance. One tv has CNBC, the other has CNN. Unfortunately, I sit near the CNN addicts. My speakers are set to CNBC, but I still hear the latter all day.

Thanks, queenb!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These next few days are going to seem like they are about 6 months long!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I actually find this a very exciting time to be alive. We are seeing history being made. Yes I'm tired of the constant news cycle and commercials and I don't watch as much as my husband, but this is probably the MOST important election of my lifetime so far and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. As an historian, I'm thrilled to watch actual history in the making.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm actively investigating my brother's trick bag. Im hoping i'll find a mini snickers.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Then I hope it's his TREAT bag and not and exploding Snickers.
    Count your blessings!

A friendly reminder to those whose states participate in DST, to set your clocks back an hour tonight before you go to bed. Unless you want to get up at 2am to do it!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We're watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight on something called Childrens Channel tonight at 8:00!

It's been quite a while since I've seen it. I am sooo excited!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread