+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think that would depend on the ex and the current beau, prhoshay. I wouldn't care if my ex lived across the street and house sat and all of that good stuff. We were good friends first and stayed friends afterwards for awhile. My husband, however, would not be comfortable at all. And I really can't say that I'd be comfortable with any of his exes. I know that there is nothing left with the ex, but my husband doesn't know that for sure despite how much he trusts me. I'm jealous of Rattus and her relationships!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3224877;
    I think that would depend on the ex and the current beau, prhoshay. I wouldn't care if my ex lived across the street and house sat and all of that good stuff. We were good friends first and stayed friends afterwards for awhile. My husband, however, would not be comfortable at all. And I really can't say that I'd be comfortable with any of his exes. I know that there is nothing left with the ex, but my husband doesn't know that for sure despite how much he trusts me. I'm jealous of Rattus and her relationships!
    Our situation is probably a little unique in that the current (and hopefully final) Mr. Rattus and I were friends during the period in which my relationship with the first Mr. Rattus was devolving (we were all in the same band), so he knows absolutely that I have zero interest in ever, ever starting up anything with him and that any feelings I had for him that weren't rooted in annoyance, anger or pity died long, long before the divorce.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

How much do I trust my ex? I let her house- and dog sit for me, and I let her cut my hair
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

I had hoped to avoid this, but it has come to pass. The museum has decided that for certain events, we need to be in historical costume. Mine will be a World War one nurse.
    Could be worse, I guess because this way I can avoid both a corset and a hoop skirt.

I will post a photo when I get my costume (maybe in time even for Veteran's Day)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3222966;
    I am so glad that I voted on Oct. 8!! I'm not sure, but I think that has taken some heat off me!!

Plus, it's one more thing not to have to fret over.

It's fun to cut off phone solicitors and say: "You're wasting your breath; I already voted." Then they say: "Oh who [or what, if it's regarding a Prop] did you vote for?" To which I reply: "Ever hear of the concept of SECRET ballot?" Buh-bye!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Call me old fashioned, but I am one of those that wants to vote on election day. I'm so excited and can't wait for next Tues.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3225579;
    Call me old fashioned, but I am one of those that wants to vote on election day. I'm so excited and can't wait for next Tues.
    I am usually like you, but Tuesdays are a very busy day for me work wise. The lines to vote in the primary were insane and I didn't want to chance it with the election. I just don't have a couple of hours to stand in line on a Tuesday. Our county clerk said she wouldn't be surprised if it were an 80% turnout. That would be uber cool.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I haven't decided if I'm going to vote yet. Because of the whole electoral college thing, my vote doesn't count really. If we elected presidents by popular vote then I'd vote every time. But I live in Texas so my democratic vote means nothing. Plus my husband usually votes a straight republican ticket and I vote a straight democrat ticket so.... Every election one of us waits to see if the other is going to vote and then we vote to cancel each other out. Ahhh, true love
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Vote anyway, Burnt. It may not make a difference in the Presidential race, but the local races it might. Plus, there may be other initiatives on the ballot you want to vote on. I live in Utah and totally understand your thinking.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

mrd, I can see you do your hair in that dated way! You are sooooooo lucky!

Burntbrat, vote anyway. Go early if you can, stand in line all day, (ok maybe not all day). I like to believe that each person's vote makes a difference.

I'll go at 7:30 am so I can be sure of being able to make it to work.

+ Reply to Thread