+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7132Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The move is complete and I'm now living out of boxes. I can't find my cell phone charger so I went and bought a new one which I'll return when I find my old one. My son is a great man who busted his butt and and was the greatest foreman in the world working the crap out of my daughter and son in law. Now I just have to go back to the old place and do some cleaning and bringing over the last of the clothes, groceries, etc. The boys are slowly getting used to the place. They are actually walking upright now and not scrunched close to the floor in fear. They didn't enjoy Saturday at all, poor things.

Glad to hear you're making progress, Unk!

I'm still in the packing stage - feel like I have been for weeks. but with only 2 days to go - we are at the point of living in box city.

tomorrow we get the keys and move over some 'preliminary' stuff, most likely including most of my office since I work from home. and like that doesn't come with it's own boxes and boxes of files. I do project work. and I have to keep just about everything dealing with specifications and documentation.
    Plus my desk top is completely glass....

It may take months (years) to get everything out of boxes. I can't believe how much 'stuff' we have, and there have been bags and bags of trash - and one big pickup by Got Junk already.
    Luckily, the move is less than 2 miles, and we are keeping the old place for rentals - so have extra time to pick up the leftovers. but the longer we take the less rental we get.
    We have been here almost 25 years. unbelievable the 'stuff' we have and just can't seem to get rid of.

We have lived in this house for 10 years and I still have stuff in the basement in boxes. I've thought that it would be a good project to take on now that I'm laid off and have some time on my hands, but I haven't made much progress yet. I think if there was no such thing as FORT I'd have gotten a lot more done.

One thing I have started is going through all our family pictures. I want to get them all scanned and put on discs for my three kids. I had planned on having it done by Christmas, but it's looking like a bigger job. I get a little side tracked by the memories.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3223730;
    The move is complete and I'm now living out of boxes. I can't find my cell phone charger so I went and bought a new one which I'll return when I find my old one. My son is a great man who busted his butt and and was the greatest foreman in the world working the crap out of my daughter and son in law. Now I just have to go back to the old place and do some cleaning and bringing over the last of the clothes, groceries, etc. The boys are slowly getting used to the place. They are actually walking upright now and not scrunched close to the floor in fear. They didn't enjoy Saturday at all, poor things.
    OK, the penny finally dropped. I'm picturing them walking upright like a meerkat.
    Count your blessings!

I'm glad you got moved in without too much hassle Unk. Now you need to give the boys some treats to make them feel a little better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some for the boys.....some for Unk!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am sitting here actually chuckling (and I know you didn't really mean for us to do that, so I apologise) over the thought of your cats walking like us (yes, I know they really don't, but I was visualizing it). I truly hope they begin to feel more at home soon. Do they know Waldo? I also know that my Katie would be the same if she was still living and if I was moving.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3223730;
    The boys are slowly getting used to the place. They are actually walking upright now and not scrunched close to the floor in fear. They didn't enjoy Saturday at all, poor things.
    I Got It, Unk, but then again, I am mother/staff to 3 kitties!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have an alarm system here that beeps when you enter. They don't like that and hide for a few minutes when I come in and won't greet me at the door anymore. I wonder how long it's going to take them to get used to it.

+ Reply to Thread