+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've never gotten that tired but when I worked at Taco Bell people would pass out in the drive through. Quite often. Disturbing I know.
    One couple really made me laugh because both of them had fallen asleep. When I yelled out the window at them the man (who was driving) jumped awake and then reached over and hit his wife to wake her up. We were all laughing at that. I told him I don't know why he thought she needed to wake up he was the one driving.

Rosie Do you have any kind of Homeowners Association or Neighborhood Watch program in your subdivision? If not, maybe you could get together with a few people and organize one. Surely other neighbors are as tired of this couple's behavior as you are and none of you should have to deal with that. Our Homeowners's Association does a very sporadic newsletter (just a typed page or two stuck in our mailbox) but I have actually seen anonymous complaints about other neighbors printed in that thing. They also have a "directory" for the subdivision which is pretty handy. They send around blank pages once a year and everyone fills them out. The best part is that it lists teenagers who are willing to mow yards, babysit and dogsit (not that any of them are brave enough to take on our JRT).

Oh - and if you want to be really sneaky - you could send a complaint letter to a FORT friend and then they could mail it back to your evil neighbors! They'd never be able to tell who it was from that way!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    Rosie Do you have any kind of Homeowners Association or Neighborhood Watch program in your subdivision? If not, maybe you could get together with a few people and organize one. Surely other neighbors are as tired of this couple's behavior as you are and none of you should have to deal with that. Our Homeowners's Association does a very sporadic newsletter (just a typed page or two stuck in our mailbox) but I have actually seen anonymous complaints about other neighbors printed in that thing. They also have a "directory" for the subdivision which is pretty handy. They send around blank pages once a year and everyone fills them out. The best part is that it lists teenagers who are willing to mow yards, babysit and dogsit (not that any of them are brave enough to take on our JRT).

Oh - and if you want to be really sneaky - you could send a complaint letter to a FORT friend and then they could mail it back to your evil neighbors! They'd never be able to tell who it was from that way!

Doxie, you are so sneaky. We do have a neighborhood watch, but not a homeowners association. We live in an older, pre-gated community subdivision which I actually prefer. It really is a nice area and all the homes while older are well kept and maintained and there are LOTS of kids and dogs which is what worries me about this a** roaring around in his Hummer going twice the speed limit.

I will ask my neighbor about the neighborhood watch and maybe get a number I can call when this happens.

Muduh, I can believe that about the police as I've had it done to me before and the other night they came over and talked to me in my driveway, but I was out there smoking and they saw me. I figured I was safe as the Hummerheads were both gone at this point.
    But the guy in your yard that was so tired he was hanging out both sides of his car? ROFL!!! But also scared that they let someone like that drive.

I go to a monthly ladies meeting at church (its supposed to be about Bible study, but its mostly about socialization although we do some talking about the Bible) and I was telling them and they could not believe that as I was giving directions to the dispatcher over the phone, I could hear her radio the patrol car with the directions.

WEll, if it happens again, I will definetly call the police and I may come up with some interesting ways of making my point.
    The property tax records are online here, so I can look up their address and get their names. Maybe give her name to the domestic abuse hotline here and let them deal with it.
    He just acts like he's all that and needs to be taken down a notch and I hope the police do just that.

But one more time of this and They'll have me out in the street yelling at them to shut the F up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Any of you ever in your lives gotten THAT tired?
    I was very active in amateur astronomy in the mid-80s, and would stay out all night at least once a month. One time when I was driving home at sunrise, I slowed down, and nearly stopped, for what I saw as an open draw bridge. Eventually, my brain kicked in and I realized that there are no drawbridges within a hundred miles. I fished around and found a can of liquid inspiration (Dr Pepper) which woke me up enough to get me home, but then I slept about 16 hours straight. I made certain that I never put myself in that position again.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Hummerhead is out mowing his lawn. Wish I had a BB gun. I used to be a fairly good shot with one. I'd love to zing a couple bb's right into his butt cheeks.

(I know, I really wouldn't, but it gives me great pleasure to contemplate it)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I was very active in amateur astronomy in the mid-80s, and would stay out all night at least once a month. One time when I was driving home at sunrise, I slowed down, and nearly stopped, for what I saw as an open draw bridge. Eventually, my brain kicked in and I realized that there are no drawbridges within a hundred miles. I fished around and found a can of liquid inspiration (Dr Pepper) which woke me up enough to get me home, but then I slept about 16 hours straight. I made certain that I never put myself in that position again.
    If you ever do get that tired again, feel free to park in my yard.

That draw bridge story is eery. I think I once told a similar story here on Fort. Several years ago we had a family emergency and had to drive from Memphis to Texas. We left when my husband got off work and the kids got out of school. Sometime after midnight I was driving and had that same draw bridge experience down in Louisiana. I just kept inching forward but finally woke my husband to see what he thought. No other traffic was around. Finally, after I had climbed for what seemed forever, I crested that "hill" and it was actually the top of a very high bridge. Below us was the city. Phew! I could finally breath again. I think it might have been Lake Charles, Louisiana, but am not sure.

Another goofy story. My friend has had a standing appointment at the beauty shop for years and years. It is at 7 am, on Saturday. I always thought that was strange but recently, I find it stranger than ever. She has mentioned to me, more than once, that she has gone to sleep on the way home! She left the highway a while back, but no harm done. Anyway I asked the obvious question, why not make a later appointment? Because all the blue hairs (hers is actually dyed black, but you get the picture) want to get their hair done at dawn on Saturday and she can't get an appointment an hour or so later. Then I suggested another day of the week and she said that she wanted it to look nice in case she wanted to go to church on Sunday. I pointed out that she hadn't been to church for at least ten years, and she was risking people's lives on the off chance that she MIGHT want to go.

She could actually make it in the doors of some church most any Saturday.
    Last edited by Muduh; 09-15-2006 at 11:32 AM.

Muduh; That little "blue-haired" lady might make it to heaven sooner than she makes it to church if she doesn't have a coffee at the hairdressers! Get the nice lady in the chair a steaming cappucino!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    ..I was very active in amateur astronomy in the mid-80s,
    Whenever I think of you, I see stars!!

------------

Well, I'm sitting here having another coffee waiting for Leon's to come and pick up some damaged furniture from my neighbors and bring the replacement. She's out of town (with her kitty this time), so I'm going to let them in. They were supposed to call and let me know when they were coming ie; morning or afternoon. Since it's almost noon, I guess that means they're coming later

I dont' think Leon's is known for their service.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Whenever I think of you, I see stars!!
    Any more, a moon is more likely
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I don't mean to gloat but... my digital cable was set to be installed Sept 21 but cable guy showed up this afternoon and it's all done! woot woot!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Your excitement is too cute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread