+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3222617;
    I put a sign on my door once that said No solicitation. It didn't stop everyone and I would point to the sign when I answered the door. one person actually told me they didn't know what that meant, so I added:

No Solicitation, this means no selling of anything, magazines, vacuum cleaners, steaks, or any other product, no religious materials, political campaigners or polling.

That finally stopped it.
    My town recently enacted a Solicitation ordinance and if you have a sign by/on your door, violators can be fined. Unfortunately, it only pertains to people trying to sell you something, not charities or politicians. BUT, I think they are wary of it because I have found lots of political brochures tucked into my door handle when I know I was home.

In fact, the only one that has rung our doorbell was an Obama supporter. It was very eerie though, as he had the names of all the registered voters at our address. My husband answered the door and didn't appreciate this stranger asking to speak to both his wife and 19-year old daughter by name.

Living in the battleground state of Ohio though, my phone has been ringing off the hook with both recorded messages and live people for the presidential campaign. mr. veejer's birthday is November 4th and we will celebrate doubly!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Voter registration lists are available to the public.

I disagree with this, but they are available.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3222633;

Yes, we knew that they were available, but it was the first time ever that we had a political campaigner standing on our doorstep addressing us by name. It was not a comfortable feeling.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3222633;

Somehow, the election board here in NYC misspelled my name on my voter registration (and my jury duty stuff, even though I tried to correct it, underlined the correction several times, bold capital letters, I swear they must be illiterate). The upshot of this, though, is that when I get junk mail with that variant of my misspelled name, I know exactly where they got my name. And I really disagree with the board of elections distributing voter registrations to solicitors. Credit cards and that stuff, not political junk mail.

MRD

You know the old adage about "don't drink and dial" ?

I've discovered today that you should also not take pain pills and post.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so glad that I voted on Oct. 8!! I'm not sure, but I think that has taken some heat off me!!

Plus, it's one more thing not to have to fret over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hate moving!!! I'll be moving tomorrow and hopefully have internet service again by noon Monday. Yeah, right. My money is on Wednesday by 4 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3222617;
    I put a sign on my door once that said No solicitation. It didn't stop everyone and I would point to the sign when I answered the door. one person actually told me they didn't know what that meant, so I added:

No Solicitation, this means no selling of anything, magazines, vacuum cleaners, steaks, or any other product, no religious materials, political campaigners or polling.

That finally stopped it.
    Our subdivision has a "No Solicitation" sign at the entrance that does absolutely no good. I may put another one on our door, but I'll be sure to take it down when it's time for Girl Scout Cookies!

Good luck with your move UnkleScott!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3222998;
    I hate moving!!! I'll be moving tomorrow and hopefully have internet service again by noon Monday. Yeah, right. My money is on Wednesday by 4 p.m.
    Unk, after having just done it and still unpacking, my condolences to you.

And it took longer than we thought to get internet back again.

Sending good moving vibes and hope you are back here soon.

Good luck moving, Unk!

+ Reply to Thread