+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5827Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The store that absorbs me is a book store. All that new print. I can seriously waste some time in a book store.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You and me both, MRD. I love bookstores.

MRD

I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not really bad news and it's sort of, but not really good news.

My daughter is to have sinus surgery the Mon. before Thanksgiving. We knew it was needed, but we got the confirmation today and the surgery scheduled. This one will be a little more than the last one, but hopefully will take care of the problem for a while. She has to have polyps removed and a mass in one of her sinuses.
    They will also clean everything out and then put in a balloon catheter and attempt to dilate her sinus cavities in the hopes that trying to enlarge them will help.
    It's outpatient surgery and hopefully things will go well and she will be able to breathe again soon. The dr. said no way could the neti pot help what she's got, but that after the surgery it would be a very good idea to use it daily. He was rather a good advocate of the neti pot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So far, I haven't met a doctor that wasn't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It sucks your daughter needs surgery, mrd. Hopefully she will be able to breathe easier when they're finished.

MRD

Thanks BT, I hate that she has to have surgery, but actually it's a good thing that it's easily fixable and she'll feel so much better afterwards. I just hate the anethesia part of it as that's the most dangerous part.

Sorry to hear about your daughter - the timing of the surgery is really not great.

So we are back from our all expenses paid trip to Toronto. It was lovely. Valet parking, gorgeous suite with a sitting room bigger than my living room, 2 bathrooms, 40" plasma tv in the bedroom. There were 5 phones in the room! A real duvet on the bed. Hubby forgot to pack his tie, he calle the front desk and the consierge had a tie steamed and delivered to our room.
    You know how you get ready in a hurry and leave your things lying around while you attend your function? Well when we got back to the room our laundry was bagged, the bed was turned down, all of my hair accessories and products were artfully arranged, the towels were changed and all of the toiletries were replaced.
    The best experience we've ever had at a hotel. The dinner itself was nice but a little highbrow in hubby's opinion. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic! A huge buffet spread in the private salons in the penthouse of the hotel. The salon was called Windows and that's what it was. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the CN Tower, Skydome and the entire harbour front. It was wonderful. We also got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done.
    A weekend to remember.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Wow that sounds like a fantastic weekend.

Duxxy, that sounds great, especially free!
    MRD, your daughter's surgery might not be at a bad time after all--I bet she will love being able to smell all the good holiday smells at thanksgiving and Christmas! I've been trying to get L to get a surgery something like that for years--he has constant trouble due to having broken his nose in the past, but the doc doesn't seem to think it would be that big a deal to straighten it over and give him more breathing room--but l has never "gotten around to it"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Duxxy, I'm jealous Sounds like a fabulous trip and all expenses paid makes it all the more sweeter!

Glad you had a great time and stored some wonderful memories in your memory bank!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread