+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Another Good One!!! You guys are slaying me!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just surious MRD, what are you going to do about the election? Are you in the same district as your old house? Or do you have to register from your new address? When is the cutoff date in SC? Here in NY, it is 25 days before Election Day.

MRD

We only moved a few miles, so I don't have to worry. I will have to vote in my old precinct, so the only impact that will have is a very few local elections. But it's too late for me to change my address with the Supervisor of Elections office for now.

Not to worry, I WILL get to vote!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3219655;
    Are you kidding? It's better than the Louvre!
    There was a hardware store here that was half hardware and half gifts and stuff. I always thought that was such a great idea as the ones interested in hardware could roam those aisles and those interested in other stuff (like me) also had a place to shop.

Home Depot does not provide anything like that and honestly, after spending 5 minutes in the electrical aisle debating the merits of which electrical outlet type to buy, I could feel my eventual outburst in the blinds department start to simmer.

I have developed into a get it and go shopper. I dont' window shop. I don't go to the mall. I don't shop for the sake of having something to do. If I need something, I go to the store that sells it and i get it and i pay for it and go.
    I have come to detest roaming aisles "just looking". Quite honestly, I have better things to do and shouldn't be spending money anyway.
    So I don't understand the need to look at EVERYTHING Home Depot has.
    And my husband isn't a looky loo shopper either, but all bets are off once he has entered the "hallowed halls" of HD.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love to browse Home Depot/Lowe's!! It puts ideas into my head, but then again, I love fixing things. And the people that work there are knowledgable, as long as you get the right person. I love finding a woman who works there and can talk you through the riddle that you are trying to solve. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I replaced all of the electrical outletsin my house; I'm a woman, but I was strutting like a barnyard rooster after I did that!!! Now, one thing that I've never done.....I've never picked up a paintbrush in my life!! That intimidates me, for some reason. I don't go to these stores often, but when I do, I get what I originally came for, and then I start roaming!!

I used to go there after I got my hair done to see how the new hair was working for me, and it's best to go in the morning for that poll! Hair appointment at 9:00; hit the store by 10:00 for reactions!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shay, that's great!

As a renter, my super takes care of most of my apartment repairs (clogged drains, changing lights in the ceiling light fixtures that came with the apartment, etc... he even takes our Christmas tree away- we called my first year to see what we should do with it and they told us to leave a request for the super! No argument there!!). That said, the one home renovation project that I'm well-versed in is painting. Last summer, to get some exercise, I helped my dad paint our garage doors, and we recently painted half of the lower level of our house in Maine, so I've certainly gotten some good practice in.

We much prefer Lowe's to HD-- seems a little more civilized for reasons I can't put my finger on, and it also doesn't help that we once had a car stolen from the HD parking lot.

Home Depot is more fun than the Playboy Mansion. At HD, I'm allowed to fondle the things for which I lust.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

*snort* Newf!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3219774;
    Home Depot is more fun than the Playboy Mansion. At HD, I'm allowed to fondle the things for which I lust.

Well my problem with HD is that the model kitchens make me jealous and the paint and wall paper sections also make me jealous as i want to do so much and am just not able to.

my husband tends to shop the aisles with the bins of misc. 'parts' and i find that incredibly boring.

I think that HD and Lowe's more than any other store make me crave things that i don't need in a house. Like granite countertops and fabulous cabinetry.
    I can go in a clothing store and not have the same greed vs. money on hand that i tend to have in HD.

I love to hang out in the tool section and the wood section at Home Depot. I could stay there for hours smelling the cut wood!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread