+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We were about to send out a search party to find you
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I hope it continues to go well, MRD! Maybe after you get everything situated, it will feel better. And maybe the squirrel/chipmunk chasing will commence!

Poor Rosie - she is probably giving everyone the look.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Newf, send the search party, I could use the help!!

Gabriel, Rosie has perfected the look. Read about the animals move to the new house in the Animal Lovers thread.

Oh and we have a neighbor with a big dog that barks ALL NIGHT LONG. That and the acorns are hitting the porch roof which is what our bedroom windows look out over, so it sounds like machine gun fire. Between that and the dog, the sleep has not been great.

I'm sure the squirrel chasing will commence soon. We have some FAT squirrels around here as the acorn crop is very, very good this year. I don't think I've EVER seen such huge acorns.

I feel like I could sleep for a solid week. (and wish I could and the elves would have visited and put everything away).

I wish we had an Ikea. I need a computer desk and something for the kitchen. Like a rolling kitchen cart with shelves and storage or something.

I really need a vacation.

One of my co-worker's, SO owns an organizational store and last night he told me that if I would pay his consultant her fee, then he'd sell me whatever she reccomends at his cost and they have a lot of great kitchen stuff. Like rolling baskets for that damn, stupid, useless pantry.

And right now, I could use 2 husbands as one is just not enough. He doesn't have enough time to help with some of the heavier stuff or the changing out the electrical outlets so I can plug in things like the microwave and a few other things. I can do some stuff, but I do not mess with anything electrical or the plumbing.

Oh and I've already backed the car into the brick wall that runs down the driveway. We have a long driveway with a nice little brick retaining wall. I have never backed well in my life. I can see that either I need to learn or we'll have a lot of dents.

I will NEVER move again unless I hit the lottery and can pay someone else to come and do it ALL while I go on a cruise or something.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Your halfway finished, rosie! Don't lose hope. lol.

I'm happy that you and your family are all moved in. I hope it's feels like home really soon.

I hear you're not the only one having some problems with ACORN. Wait, you're talking about oak trees..... Nevermind.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good One!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3219532;
    I hear you're not the only one having some problems with ACORN. Wait, you're talking about oak trees..... Nevermind.

I had never even heard of ACORN until last week.

Now the acorns I have, I'm hearing them a little too much.

So we went to Home Depot tonight. I detest that store mostly because my husband never asks anyone anything, so we wander helplessly up and down the aisles and he takes FOREVER. And there's nothing good to look at and no where to sit down.

Tonight was especially awful. We need window blinds and of course, we have an old house, so some of the windows are odd sizes. I finally drug a chair over from the next aisle where they do cabinet consultations and I sat there for at least 20 min. while he dithered over blinds. We needed 2 large sets and several smaller sets and he didn't want to pay $40 each for the large ones. He was being so cheap and so hard headed that the entire culmination of the move, stress, exhaustion and everything else caught up with me and I totally lost it and ended up YELLING at him to get his head OUT OF HIS A**!!!!!!!!!!!
    and just get something, anything!

Apparantly when you yell that really loud in Home Depot, you not only get one Homer to help you, but a whole bunch come running! (remember for future reference when you can't find anyone to help you)

So after THAT, I found a shelving unit to go over the toilet in the master bath that was being discontinued and I asked how much the already put together floor model was. And we got $40 knocked off of it (one set of blinds ).
    I kind of think that the Homer gave us such a good price as they were afraid the crazy woman would start screaming again.

So now another place I can no longer go back too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I detest that store . . . there's nothing good to look at . . .
    Are you kidding? It's better than the Louvre!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3219655;
    Are you kidding? It's better than the Louvre!
    Well, mrd did say that they were looking for blinds......
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread