+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hubby came home today with awesome news! His company's 125th anniversary is this weekend, 2 people from each plant were randomly drawn to attend the celebration being held in Toronto this weekend. The 2 ppl that won from hubby's plant declined so they drew again and hubby won!
    We are taking an all expensed paid trip to Toronto and staying at the Four Seasons.. and they are paying my husband for the 2 shifts he'll miss.
    The kiddo is staying with grandma, we are going to Ikea on the way home (we could fly but I want to drive to bring home my booty from Ikea!)

I'm so frikkin excited!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Congratulations to you and your husband Duxxy. That sounds like so much fun! All expense paid trip AND shopping. What's not to love about that?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sounds like great fun, Duxxy. Congratulations to hubby!

That's awesome Duxxy! Have a great time!
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Duxxy, have a great time!! I love Ikea.

Right on, Duxxy! Free vacations rock!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Duxxy: Wow. Have a great time. You are so LUCKY!

prhoshay: That story just makes me
    ---------

I dont' remember where to post stoopid things, so I guess I'll just tell you here. I was taking out a lemon meringe pie from the frig for a piece the other night and lost my grip. Yup, upside -down lemon pie all over my kitchen floor; in the dark. How's that for karma telling me I need to wash the floor.

And today, I walked right into a steel rod that sticks up out of my lawn. Yeowch! I know it's there. It's been there for years. I used to hook up the kitties harness on it. Yet, ka-bang! Huge cut and bruise even through my jeans.

I did something else but fogots it now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Poor misskitty! I'm having a miserable day myself... I was up 'til the wee hours assisting a kitten birth in an unused room upstairs and dozing on a fold-out foam pad. About 2 a.m. I was stung in the small of my back by a wasp! It hurts! Not as much as my flu shot site, though. That's red, hot, and swollen. Then my daughter finally got a cell phone she ordered off ebay. It was supposed to be overnighted, but it took 3 days and when we went in to have it activated we found out it can't be because it was reported by an insurance carrier as lost or stolen. So now it is my job somehow to straighten it out, but they're shut down for the weekend.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - you can report the problem with the phone to eBay, and they will try to work it out with the seller. And, if you used PayPal, you might be able to get a refund on it. What a horrible day you've had, though! Mine started bad (left my Lean Cuisine lunch on the table to defrost instead of bringing it to work) but was invited to join some of the other ladies who ordered a pizza, so it ended well. Ok, lunch wasn't the end of the day of course, but the rest was ok.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

Well we are moved. Still have to clean the old house. Still have to unpack the new house. Need blinds, curtains, closet rods in 2 closets to hang clothes and about 6 more kitchen cabinets (am off to look for some kind of storage unit thing to use as we have no room for 6 more cabinets).
    Taking a shower in my new master bath is a challenge. It's only marginally bigger than a cruise ship shower. Have a towel duct taped to the window in the bathroom for privacy.
    None of the kitchen plugs are grounded, so the microwave can't be plugged in.
    Our refrigerator won't fit the opening in the kitchen, so we are stuck with the fridge (brand new) that came with the house and it's tiny. Hope to get our fridge in the basement going soon so I can put some stuff in it.
    The rest of the house is great. Lots of room that eventually will be wonderful once all the boxes are unpacked.
    The neighborhood is wonderful and friendly. The yard is gorgeous even though it needs a lot of work. We have a small creek running through it and there is honeysuckle, muscadine and wisteria growing along the fence.
    The dogs are adjusting, but Rosie is bent out of shape and hasn't shown any signs of getting over it.
    Waldo and Bogie have loved the new backyard, but still have not seen the pair of chipmunks that live right outside the back door. They are too busy running past the little hole to notice them.

I still have tons to do and we are finding small stupid things that make you wonder why people do that kind of stuff. The thermostat is on the ground floor. So the ground floor is freezing and the top floor is hot as hell. I sleep on the top floor. The 2nd floor is the only part of the house that is comfortable. So that has to be moved. The Pantry in the kithcen is about 20 inches deep and maybe 8 inches wide, so anything that goes in the back is going to be lost forever. The kitchen cabinets are big and tall, but only have 2 shelves, lots of wasted space. Seems like they could have put in 3 shelves and maximized the space better.
    Oh well, I'm sure with time, we will get all this fixed.
    I ache in places I didn't know could hurt.
    We've eaten out for a week.
    I went to work yesterday at 9 and got home at 11:30 p.m. Besides a regular day, we had a reception and then a guest lecturer that went until after 10 p.m.

I want to just sit on my porch and enjoy the beautiful weather, but I need to get going or we won't ever be unpacked.

Missed you all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread