+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Talk about not knowing what your child is doing...this makes no sense at all. There has got to be some serious mental illness involved here.

7-year-old boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to crocodile - USATODAY.com

7-year-old boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to crocodile
    Posted 10/3/2008 6:03 AM

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.
    The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."

By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.
    "We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they identified the boy, who lives locally, but are unable to do anything because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory.

"By all accounts, he's quite a nasty 7-year-old and he comes from a family that's got a history of violence, and he's continued on with it and nothing can be done because he's seven," said Neindorf, who plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Isn't abusing animals at a young age and not feeling remorse traits that serial killers have?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Yup - I'm scared for that boy and his family if they don't get to the bottom of this ASAP

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3216639;
    Good Lord! If I'd have had to hire a lawyer every time one of my kids got into trouble at school I'd never get out of debt!
    I know, can you believe it? I almost fell over when she told me that. I asked her what she did and she said she called the principle to come down and attend the conference as she wasn't facing that alone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Yikes! That child will be a terror in his teens.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

But not to worry, he's already got a lawyer for all contingencies!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3216561;
    . . . I LOVED going to the library and reading books and getting my bookworm club paper stamped....
    Me too! Mine was from the Atkinson Street Library.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3216950;
    Me too! Mine was from the Atkinson Street Library.
    Forest Home Avenue Library (the one that replaced the old library on 9th and Madison St)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Seems like there should be some mandated psychological counseling the law should order for that 7 year old. Yikes. Makes you wonder what he's seen in his 7 years to make him behave like that.

I remember when my youngest was about 8. We lived in a small farming town. He and his favorite buddy had another acquaintance stop by. Soon, they were throwing apples at a neighbor's garage windows. They were breaking them left and right. When I found out, I was astounded. I had thought at first, "Not one of mine! After some questioning, my son admitted that they had done it. All three of them. Pretty soon, his favorite buddy also admitted that they all had thrown the apples. The 3rd one never did, so my son and his favorite buddy had to split the cost of the windows. They worked their tails off for the money, let me tell you! By the way, the 3rd demonchild was not allowed at our house again, and I was very specific to the mother as to why I didn't like liars. I didn't mind that kids make mistakes, but I hated the lying about it. Actually I did mind that mistake, but they did own up to it and they did make amends.

+ Reply to Thread