+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Ongoing saga of the Hummerheads

Remember where we last left off, the goodlooking, but stuck up young yuppie couple have been fighting. He has sqealed up the hill in his mustang and laid fresh rubber on the street in front of my house. Previously, she has avoided eye contact with the "middle class" folks across the street by backing around her yard while doing yard work.

Last nights episode actually started late (possible delay from the Presidents speech or a weather report interruption, don't know, but the show was delayed 30 min.)

It's midnight, we have all been asleep for hours (seriously, my and my daughter don't feel good and hubby gets up at 5 am so we set the DVR to get Dancing with the stars AND Rockstar and headed to bed before 8:30)

My daughter comes flying in my room: "Mom the neighbors are fighting again and its bad this time. I get up and we are both peering out the window when he pushes her and she takes off running down the street. Smug Mr. Hummerhead stands there with hands on his hips for a min. then without a care, turns and swaggers into the house (he even walks like a jerk). So, I decided I am TIRED OF THIS and call 911. The operator asks me a milliom questions I don't know the answer too. Don't kmow their name, don't know if they are married, etc. She tells me a car is on the way. But because we live in such a convoluted, twisting, hilly neighborhood where you need to drop breadcrumbs like Hansel and Gretel, I am now giving the dispatcher directions which she is radioing to the cars.
    Meanwhile Mr. Hummerhead comes out, gets in the Hummer and goes ROARING off. My concern is that they do this about once a week and its always after they've been out (drinking?) So now hes driving a loaded weapon. Don't see her at all.
    Police come, go to the door, hang out (I'm now in carport smoking), they see me come over, ask me stuff, I tell them what little I know and they leave. They are not gone 5 min. when I hear a female voice yelling from the street behind our house (I am still out smoking), then the Hummer comes roaring back, he gets out, goes in the house, locks up, turns off ALL lights and that's it for the night.

I don't know where she spent the night. I don't know how she stays with such a Pr*ck. Neither one of them speak to ANYONE om this street. They are too good for the rest of us.

I intend to write a note today, put it in the door when they go to work saying: The neighbors are tiring of your midnight dramas, please either take them in the house or move. The police were here last night, so if you want to avoid a domestic violence or disturbing the peace charge, we suggest, you cool it. Signed: We need to lay down on Downing and SLEEP! (We live on Downing. Tony Blair is right down the street. Suprised he didn't hear the commotion)

No way they will know who its from. I never turned on the lights in our house last night, but I did see lights go on in several of the other neighbors houses.

But it took me another hour to get back to sleep and my daughter was up for 2 more hours after that.

We heard and saw all this with windows closed and ac on, so you know it was loud.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thank you Duxxy, that helps a lot.

Premium Member
    myrosiedog - I understand this is a very frustrating situation in your neighborhood, but I can't stress enough that leaving them a note is a very bad idea. If it happens again, calling the police is the right thing to do, but let them deal with it. Do not involve yourself in any other way, it will just cause more trouble. Believe me, it will not be that hard for them to figure out who left the note. This has probably been going on for awhile, and if this is the first time anyone has said anything it only stands to reason that they will suspect the new folks who just moved in. You don't really know these people, so be careful and don't give them any reason to come after you. All it will take is for either of them to be arrested once for domestic abuse and there's good chance the fighting will stop, or at least they will keep the noise down, so please just let the police handle it. Just looking out for ya.

myrosiedog - I am sorry you are having to deal with these idiots. Too bad your husband couldn't make a bit of noise at 5am, but then, that would be lowering yourself to their standard. I agree with Marleybone ( Marley) and don't think leaving a note is such a good idea. Continue to alert the authorities, but call AS SOON AS YOU HEAR a disturbance. I might even be inclined to take down the plate number on their car for future reference if I suspect they are drinking and driving, for when they squeal out of the sub.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, I'm with the majority on this one. Even if the Hummer folks don't see you leave the note, one of their neighbors might and would no doubt narc on you. It's too bad that in this day and age neighbors can't deal with things in a more neighborly way, but if these crazy folks have no qualms treating each other this way, there's no doubt they would have no problem taking retribution against you.

Call the police each time they cause a disturbance. It's too bad your little girl has to witness this kind of thing.

And not for nothing but don't your police there have GPS units? How is it that a new resident there knows their streets better than the dispatch unit?! Crazy!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    myrosiedog, I'm with the majority on this one. Even if the Hummer folks don't see you leave the note, one of their neighbors might and would no doubt narc on you. It's too bad that in this day and age neighbors can't deal with things in a more neighborly way, but if these crazy folks have no qualms treating each other this way, there's no doubt they would have no problem taking retribution against you.

Call the police each time they cause a disturbance. It's too bad your little girl has to witness this kind of thing.

And not for nothing but don't your police there have GPS units? How is it that a new resident there knows their streets better than the dispatch unit?! Crazy!
    I had already decided leaving a note was a bad idea, thanks for looking out for me tho guys.
    They speak to NO ONE on the street. The rest of us are lowly and beneath them. I swear. These are 2 upwardly mobile, early 30's couple in a very nice house, with very nice cars and we go through this once a week. We are on a cul de sac. The rest of the houses are similar, but they've obviously put more money and effort into theirs. Not that the rest of us live in shacks. He gives off a vibe of being an [FA edit]. And I've never spoken to him. Just seeing him outside and how he treats her and the fact that they completely ignore the rest of the neighborhood.

And I may be in the largest County in South Carolina, but let me tell you, technology here is a hamster running on a wheel powering things and I'm not making this up. Technology seems to have sort of bypassed this place.
    EVERYONE I know HATES the internet company here including me. But we have no choice. NONE. It's the ONLY one. Something like 350,000 in this county (Big city, lots of suburbs) and there is ONE internet service provider.
    So that's why the cops couldn't find it. That coupled with the fact that the craziest road system in America is here. There is one road here that changes names 5 times. Mapquest tells you to turn, but you don't turn, you stay on the road because the name changes. I have quit using mapquest, but even google or yahoo maps has a problem here. Scenic, very pretty and i have finally figured out my way around mostly from getting lost and going on beautifully scenic drives (once to the airport, not intentionally)

But what good does it do to call the cops and then they aren't here when the cops finally arrive.

Maybe I should manage to be outside later and yell over, neighborly like if I see them: "You guys ok? Our dogs woke us up and I saw police cars in your driveway. You weren't broken into were you?" That's being friendly, not too nosy and lets them know that their actions caused police to arrive even if they weren't there when they finally showed up. Or maybe not. They never speak so they'd probably ignore me.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 09-13-2006 at 03:00 PM. Reason: language

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    But what good does it do to call the cops and then they aren't here when the cops finally arrive.
    Be patient. Keep calling whenever they cause a disturbance and the police will catch them soon enough. My husband is in law enforcement, and he says from his experience that when they had repeat calls on someone, once the husband was finally arrested on a domestic abuse charge they never, ever got called there again. It either made them stop or at least keep it to themselves so as no to disturb the neighbors.
    ( to you too, Ana)

I know i'm against popular opinion here but I think you should send them an annonymous letter in the mail.
    My uncle got an "unmarked" letter in the mail once. When he opened the envelope there was a cut out of Dear Abbys column. The reader had wrote that he had neighbors he really cared about but their dog was barking constantly. Day and night and really disturbing the neighborhood and what should he do? Dear Abby said cut out this column and send it to him. lol My uncle was embaressed but got the message loud and clear.

I think you should write a friendly letter saying something about how nice their yard and house are and then ask that they keep the dramatics down at night as there are many kids on the street that need their sleep.

They might not be stuck up they might just be embaressed by their actions.

MRD
    they aren't embarrassed, they are definetly stuck up. And honestly, I don't think they think about anyone but themselves, so probably have no idea that their fighting is bothering anyone because the rest of us on this street are all peons and not worthy of their attention or consideration.

AFter deciding against the note and everyone telling me to call the police when this happens, if no one else in the neighborhood has called the police before and I start calling the police, won't they figure out its me calling the police?
    I would thnk if they did figure that out, I'd get bigger retaliation about calling the cops on them than if I sent them a note.

rosiedog, I know this isn't funny, so why am I smiling? Did I ever tell you about the time we had to call the police on a neighbor and they came to OUR door to tell us the outcome of their visit? Thankfully you avoided that little scenerio. Nothing quite like getting busted, with the drunken perps standing on their porch observing the whole thing.

Then there was the time that the drunk was sitting across our front yard, in his car with the front doors open, legs hanging out one side, head hanging out the other. We thought the idiot was dead or something, caled the cops and they managed to wake him up and SEND HIM ON HIS WAY!! Then came to the door and told us that he had just gotten really, really tired. Any of you ever in your lives gotten THAT tired?

+ Reply to Thread