Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Unk, that's priceless.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

At the community center, with all of my "little darlins"....the kids drive me crazy when they announce, "I'm bored!" I always tell them, "That's because you are BOR-ING!" They don't like that! I need a bumper sticker with that saying!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You might enjoy this one Unk. I used to have a sign up in my restaurant that said, "NOTICE: All unattended children will be towed away at parents expense." Not that it worked. People still let their kids run all over the place, but it was cute.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3216119;
    At the community center, with all of my "little darlins"....the kids drive me crazy when they announce, "I'm bored!" I always tell them, "That's because you are BOR-ING!" They don't like that! I need a bumper sticker with that saying!!
    my answer to the boring thing is to start listing things they can do.
    They don't like that either.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why even list the things that they can do? Make them use their minds....which is something that they'd rather not do if they can help it. They want people to do everything for them, including be creative. We have definitely bred a lazy group of "little darlins"! They'd rather sit around and pout as opposed to loosening up and using their minds!

The kids in my neighborhood showed that they do have the ability to get creative when we were in that multiple day Hurricane Ike blackout. They were actually carrying on like NORMAL, unpampered kids!! They were out riding bikes, playing goofy games, ripping and running; now that everything is back to normal, they have disappeared back into "Lazyville".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3216143;
    Sarah quit telling me she was bored because the list of stuff she could do always started with "Clean ________". She finds stuff to do really quickly after that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3216143;
    During the summer days when I was a kid, there were things to do, but sometimes "there was nothing to do", but you had better stay outside and do "nothing" because if you walked into the house where my Mom was doing whatever it was my Mom did, it went like this:

KID:- I'm bored.

MOM:- Go outside and be bored, I'm busy.

OR:

KID: (Walks in from outside) I'm bored, nothing to do.

MOM:
    (Points to vacuum cleaner) Here's the vacuum cleaner, now you won't be bored anymore.
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-12-2008 at 04:32 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

my response to "I'm bored" is "I can find you something to do" (with a sweet smile) Funny how quickly my kid becomes busy!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3216162;
    During the summer days when I was a kid, there were things to do, but sometimes "there was nothing to do", but you had better stay outside and do "nothing" because if you walked into the house where my Mom was doing whatever it was my Mom did, it went like this:

KID:- I'm bored.

MOM:- Go outside and be bored, I'm busy.

OR:

KID: (Walks in from outside) I'm bored, nothing to do.

MOM:
    (Points to vacuum cleaner) Here's the vacuum cleaner, now you won't be bored anymore.
    It was always better to be outside with nothing to do than to risk going inside and telling mom you had nothing to do. mine always found something. And it too looked like a vaccum cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3216250;
    It was always better to be outside with nothing to do than to risk going inside and telling mom you had nothing to do. mine always found something. And it too looked like a vaccum cleaner.
    To this day I wonder- Why always the vacuum cleaner? - I'm going to call my Mom, hang on here.... My Mom said it was always the vacuum cleaner because it was easiest to have us do and the carpeting always could use vacuuming.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread