+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3215627;
    Im strictly borrowing from the library, no more movie outings for me. And that really hurts.
    You might consider a matinee as a special treat if you're giving up movie outings. Of course the library loans movies, too. I'm going to get a Sunday paper tomorrow (which I never do) to look for coupons and I'm going to check out sites on-line to see what coupon opportunities there are. My problem with coupons is that I get stuff I wouldn't get otherwise and sometimes the store brand I get is cheaper even with the coupon. I have finished all the wine I had in the house and won't buy more. It's 50/50 for me anyway. Not supposed to drink it (cancer), might help heart. I don't ever drink if I'm going to be driving. I picked up a book at the recycling center about fasting. It was published in the late 70s but claims all kinds of health benefits. And fasting a few days here and there would cut down on the grocery bill. Anyone here do fasting?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Deprivation sux!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3215827;
    Deprivation sux!
    True, that... but when you've seen real deprivation in 3rd world countries you realize we have a loooooong way to go before we can complain too loudly. I'm looking at it as a challenge. And I really need to get some of those dried beans out of my pantry.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3215829;
    True, that... but when you've seen real deprivation in 3rd world countries you realize we have a loooooong way to go before we can complain too loudly. I'm looking at it as a challenge. And I really need to get some of those dried beans out of my pantry.

Yeah it's pretty amazing that America's poor live lives SO much richer than most 3rd world countries.

A little sacrifice and deprivation can be good for the soul at times.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I did a google search about fasting and am interested in "intermittent fasting". I'll ask my doctor what he thinks when I have an appointment on Weds.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3215845;
    I did a google search about fasting and am interested in "intermittent fasting". I'll ask my doctor what he thinks when I have an appointment on Weds.
    Intriguing - please share when you know more.

I fast from after breakfast all the way to my 10:00 milk and cookies; then I don't eat again until lunch time. My resolve carries me forward to my 3:00 milk and cookies, after which I fast until supper. NO SNACKS until I'm watching TV in the early evening, and I have a strict "no food between my bedtime snack and midnight snack" policy.

It takes a lot of self-discipline to follow my fasting regimen, but if you are strong, it's well worth it
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Hardy har har har (as my grandmother used to say). The winner of the "oxymoron award" goes to a site I found called, "Fasting - tips and recipes". I'm not even making that up. Intermittent fasting is 24 hours fasting - 24 hours eating (for as long as you want to do it). They found it more effective in rats with more benefits than restricted calorie diets... even though the rats ate double the amount of calories on the eating days (so the same number overall). Reports from people who have tried it say the body adjusts very quickly to burning fat reserves on the off hours. Since rats graze 24/7 a human wouldn't fast for a whole day because the 8 hours of sleep on either end would make it 32 hours of fasting. So there are variations - either a smaller window of eating time each day (noon - 8) or eat until 6 pm one day and then don't eat until after 6 pm the next. One thing I like about the intermittent idea is that when you're eating you can eat heartily (not stupidly). I like to eat heartily. And all the sites said to be sure you have a doctor's blessing.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-11-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3215825;
    When I was out getting my Foreman Grill in September, they were setting up their Christmas displays in Tuesday Morning. Ridiculous!
    Y'all know that's my favorite subject. This is going to be a Blue 'Black Friday'.
    Im probably going to spend NYE alone again, who's going to be on fort that night?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3215892;
    Y'all know that's my favorite subject. This is going to be a Blue 'Black Friday'.
    Im probably going to spend NYE alone again, who's going to be on fort that night?
    me! i have no life ...

+ Reply to Thread