+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3214954;
    there was a class in my high school called "Math for Life" and it taught balancing a checkbook, how to score bowling, simple and compound interest, how many beers you could drink before you were .10 BAC versus how many shots of brandy it would take to get you there - useful stuff. I didn't take it because it was the required math credit for the non-college bound (which was over half of my class - rural area), but I think they had more interesting stuff than those of us stuck in calculus - which I never ever use.
    Well damn. I've never been able to score bowling either. Now THAT would have been a useful class.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With the economy being so crappy right now, what personal niceties are you not giving up....just because? I'm not giving up my manicures, my pedicures (although they are more spaced out), my favorite fragrance, and my hair appointments every 4 weeks.

A girl's gotta have something to hang onto that is strictly for her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would hate to give up my piano lessons.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'd already given up a lot of the personal niceties when my husband's company started (and continued) downgrading their medical insurance, so I'm not sure what's left. I do my own nails, color my own hair, and switched to an easy-to-maintain hairstyle that only requires visits to the hairdresser every three or four months. I'm due for a cut soon, but can pull my hair back into a sleek ponytail in the meantime. Is that pathetic or what? I used to get my hair done every 4 - 6 weeks! I'm not sure what niceties are left to cut? Toilet paper? I'm waiting for the next Mervyn's sale to get new bras (as the current ones don't provide as much of an "uplifting experience" as they used to. On the bright side, if my husband needs another surgery, I have enough socked into savings to meet the copay without using a credit card. (But I'm SOL if we'd both need to be hospitalized during the same year . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm just getting my credit ards paid off. so hopefully by June 2009 I'll be debt free.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

. . . but can pull my hair back into a sleek ponytail in the meantime.
    I love ponytails on women (They look ridiculous on men )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3215283;
    I love ponytails on women (They look ridiculous on men )
    Aw, Newf -- -- you're sweet! Here I am feeling like a frump, and you say something nice like that!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My mamma told me that I'm ten pounds of sugar in a five-pound sack. At least I think she said sugar . . .
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newfherder - I actually laughed out loud! I'm sure she must have said sugar.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3214954;
    how many beers you could drink before you were .10 BAC versus how many shots of brandy it would take to get you there - useful stuff.
    Something every high school senior should know.

+ Reply to Thread