+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Did anyone else hear that Anna Nicole Smith's 20 year old son was found dead in a hospital? I feel like I may be one of the last persons to know...which wouldn't be unusual. I didn't even know that she had just given birth, also.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Did anyone else hear that Anna Nicole Smith's 20 year old son was found dead in a hospital? I feel like I may be one of the last persons to know...which wouldn't be unusual. I didn't even know that she had just given birth, also.
    Posted in the Misc Celebrity News

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Things I learned while fixing up my car in the driveway today:

1. A steak knife works really good to pry off car paint from rust.
    2. A steak knife works even better to pry off a layer of rust from another layer of rust.
    3. If you push too hard with the steak knife on the rust, you get a hole.
    4. Neighbors come by to see what you are doing but don't offer to help.
    5. Neighbors think my Dad lives there, not me.
    6. Rust prevention liquid you paint on the car works well with brushes from the Dollar Store.
    7. Rust prevention liquid looks like rust and stains your hands like they have rusted. And it stings.
    8. Wear gloves when painting on rust prevention liquid.
    9. Bondo is really messy to work with.
    10. Bondo can make you high if you smell it directly.
    11. Fiberglass material is difficult to handle when soaked in Bondo fluid.
    12. Daughters can work on their cars with their Dads, not just sons.
    13. New cars costs more than it costs to try to make my car last another year or two.
    14. I still really love my car.
    15. I clean up pretty good.

Tomorrow I get to tape the trim with masking tape and spray paint the car. Unless it rains.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

Access had the story. She gave birth to a daughter 3 days ago and her son died today.....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Things I learned while fixing up my car in the driveway today:

1. A steak knife works really good to pry off car paint from rust.
    2. A steak knife works even better to pry off a layer of rust from another layer of rust.

Tomorrow I get to tape the trim with masking tape and spray paint the car. Unless it rains.
    and a steak knife works really well as a screw driver when the real screw driver is too thick to fit in the slot.. Good luck misskitty with painting your car.....I like to keep a car until it's unsafe to drive cause I hate car payments. If a car gets me to where I'm going......and the doors, heater, AC, windows, trunk and hood are in working order--it's good to go. My husband's 88 Toyota has 309,000 mi and is still getting him to work....

.......Some of my most cherished memories are working with my dad...as a little girl I would hand him tools....then when I was a single mom, he would help me with my projects around the house too...........then he became sick and I helped him with his yard and maintain his house.....
    Last edited by Vonna; 09-12-2006 at 01:50 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I will keep a car until it starts to fall apart from under me. Years ago, I started to get out of my car, and the door handle broke off in my hand. I spent a few weeks crawling across the console (and being really disgusted with myself) to get out before I bought a brand new one. I'm sure it would have been cheaper and simpler to fix, so I guess I just wanted a reason to buy a new car.

I had already lived with that car for 13 years, anyway.

My current car was a loaner from a friend when my car was down for a while for repairs. It had been owned by her recently deceased uncle who was in his 70s, diabetic, and didn't move around too much....wonderfully low mileage! Well, I drove that car around for a couple of weeks, with the wonderful Bose sound system making my world wonderful. I knew "Uncle Bill" was being cremated and shipped to my friend's home. For some reason I asked about where her uncle's wife was (she had died several years previous)......she told me that Anna Mae was in the trunk of the car that I had been driving around!!! Now, I knew this family was into cremation when I accepted the offer of the loan of the car. While at work, one day, I made this guy friend of mine go down to the car with me, and there she was, in her box, verifying paperwork, included!!! We completely flipped out!!! Needless to say, my friend, who loaned me the car, got a cussing like no other.

I ended up buying that car and to this day, her name is "Anna Mae".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I need a little bit of help with something.

This Sunday is my sister's "surprise" baby shower. I put surprise in quotations, because she expects it, right down to the date, I think. She did one for my son, so why wouldn't I do one for her daughter, right?

My mom and I didn't really know how to get her to the location and her husband is not really of any help in regards to that, so we decided that it would be nice to have flowers delivered to her that morning, with an invitation to her baby shower.

The problem is I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to word the invitation. I'd like something with the words "shower/ing" and maybe also light/flame (the thank you present is a candle with a symbolic poem attached to it, basically saying to light the candle on the day of the baby's birth to honor her).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to write it up and print it ASAP, because I have to order the flowers soon.

Your friends and family are happily waiting to shower you with love and bask in the light of new life.

corny I know, but aren't showers supposed to be?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

wow Duxxy, that's very good!

Tales from today - painting the car and painting vinyl dining room chairs.

1. Mask off all trim and cover car with newspaper or spray paint will land on it. Even if it's on the other side of the car. Think breezes.
    2. Remember to wear gloves when using car spray paint or your hand becomes a pretty metallic blue and you look like you're going on a date with Tom Cruise. :/
    3. Remember the name of the neighbor who stopped by to see you yesterday when he visits again today to check out your work.
    4. Accept offer of fresh tomatoes grown in neighbors garden in place of his assistance.
    5. Remember to wear gloves when spray painting vinyl chairs black in the back yard or your hands will look like they are frostbitten (gross)
    6. Green grass absorbs black spray paint. It gives your lawn a gothic look.
    7. Do not let cats sit on freshly sprayed chairs, unless you want a black cat.
    8. Varsol takes off some paint but not others. And it smells really bad.
    9. Cats do not like the smell of paint remover.
    10. Remember to bring in dining room chairs before it rains in the evening. Otherwise you look like a mad crazy lady dancing with furniture under the lightening. Oh, and put on shoes.
    11. Pray you can find someone else to do this next year.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread