+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212670;
    Yep, I think they should teach both home ec and shop to boys and girls in school and also simple economics, like how to balance a checkbook, how to budget, etc.
    when i was in middle school, home ec and shop were co-ed (this was mid-70's), and in my senior year of high school (1981), we had a class called "consumers math" where we learned about checkbooks, budgets, loans, filing tax forms, etc. i never realized just how progressive we were.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3213027;
    when i was in middle school, home ec and shop were co-ed (this was mid-70's), and in my senior year of high school (1981), we had a class called "consumers math" where we learned about checkbooks, budgets, loans, filing tax forms, etc. i never realized just how progressive we were.
    Fast forward to the 21st Century. No Child Left Behind Mandate, teachers teaching the state tests (check book balancing and how to change a tire are NOT on it), budget cuts and there you go, no "practical" lessons anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3213027;
    Caution: Recycled Joke Ahead

I remember the first day of co-ed shop class. The teacher asked a girl if she knew the difference between a nail, a screw, and a bolt. She thought about it for a minute and said, "I've never been bolted."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3213087;

I remember the first day of co-ed shop class. The teacher asked a girl if she knew the difference between a nail, a screw, and a bolt. She thought about it for a minute and said, "I've never been bolted."
    I had not heard that one before - pretty damn good!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember, in my high school days, that I had so many flat tires within a several week period that learned how to change tires from watching the guys that came to change them. Luckily, the service was free since the service station owner was a relative.

Sounds like Mr. doxie needs an AAA membership!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

at your joke Newf..never heard that one before...will definitely be forwarding it to my friends!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I was in an alternative High School, so there was absolutely no way we'd ever get Home ec. We barely had a theatre class.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I took a home ec course my senior year in high school. It was called Family Life and only available to seniors. We were taught checkbook balancing, basic interest calculations, whole life/term life differences, cooking, etc. It was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3213087;

Pretty funny Newfherder! I like that one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I was at work when I read Newf's joke and was trying to be sly about not actually working. Hard to do when diet coke is spewing out your nose while you snort, laugh, cough and choke.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread