+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6805Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3212259;
    Be careful doing that. Some places check that your address on driver's license matches the address on your check and won't let you use it if it doesn't.
    The 6 checks I have written in the last year were to individuals and not to stores or banks or utilities, etc. They were either for birthday's, or to repay someone or to pay for a fundraiser expense the friend was selling (raffle tickets or something). So I don't worry about the addresses not matching. I never carry my checkbook anyway, that's how much I don't use it.

I don't even bother writing checks to stores or anything anymore. I just use my debit card or cash.

Besides checks take so long to clear and my debits show up immediately. I wrote one check several months ago that took almost 3 weeks to clear. That's another reason I hate checks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3211589;
    There is no greater gift that we can give to our children than the gifts of self-sufficiency and independence. When we don't give them wings, it's usually more about US than it is about them.

I've always been determined to die with the peace of the knowledge that my son can take care of himself and does not have to suffer the embarrassment of being a burden on some one else. (I also refused to turn loose another helpless man on this world! The boy has skills, and he's proud of them....which makes me very proud of him!!!)
    This could have been posted by my Mother. Both my brother and I know how to cook, sew, and whatever else we need to do to get through life.
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-06-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

We are in that season of the year when I must turn the heat on early in the mornings to take the chill off. Then it's hard to figure out what to wear as it's really chilly in the mornings, but then the temps will rise about 20-25 degrees or more during the day and by aftenoon, I'm hot and you can turn the ac back on.
    I mean, I love the current weather as it's beautiful outside. But I hate the cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon stuff too.

Yup, the weather is definitely turning. We have a fair number of trees around our house. We constantly hear the nuts falling off the trees onto the roof and then squirrels running around like crazy. It gets pretty loud sometimes!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love watching the squirrels this time of the year! They are not only gathering food, but they are scampering and playing like crazy!! They are too cute!!

And I love to see just how far I can get into the cool weather without turning on my heat! I love depriving my power company of the satisfaction of collecting my money! If anything, I may use my little electric radiator heaters (I've got 2) for a brief time, but I just dress in layers to be peeled off later. It's fortunate that this house holds heat really well! And, now, with my new roof..... Oh yeah, baby!!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-06-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

And Waldo is scampering too. He's so funny when he's frisky in the cooler weather.

The other 2 are like Doxie's Henry and are attached to the electric blanket on the bed.

Yeah...I get a lot of kitty love when I turn on my electric blanket! Makes me feel all mushy!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD - I know you're new to cold weather, so here are some tips. Buy boxes of Jiffy mix muffins and make them in the morning for breakfast then leave the oven door open. Make a Thermos of hot tea and dispense as needed. Wear layers, especially with hoods. Put them on, take them off as needed. Close windows and make sure they're shut all the way and latched if they've been left open most of the summer. I have windows that come down from the top or up from the bottom, so I have to make sure they're not letting in cold air. Someone told me yesterday that acrylic blankets are the warmest. You can often find them at discount stores. Put a heating pad or electric blanket on for 5 or 10 min. before you get into bed. Once you're in you can turn it off. Make sure you turn down the thermostat when you're leaving the house.
    Count your blessings!

Son Of A Motherless Goat if I don't have to go back to the "QRSTUV" (I'm cleaning up my language) dentist!! I've got the same problem that I had back in May that I feared would lead me to a root canal (but it didn't). It is located diagonally from where the first problem occurred!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3212266;
    This could have been posted by my Mother. Both my brother and I know how to cook, sew, and whatever else we need to do to get through life.
    Give your mother a big kiss from me because I've met so many men who couldn't do anything for themselves. And a lot of it was their mother's fault.

One of the few things my MIL did that I can say I'm thankful for is that my husband can sew, cook, clean, do laundry, fix the car, do home repairs. He's an all around very helpful guy and she helped make him that way.

The notion of "men's" work and "women's work" is outdated anyway. I think men should be able to learn to sew (enough to replace a button or mend something at least), cook and do laundry and women should learn to change oil and change a tire on a car as well as do some simple home type repairs.

I'm fortunate my mom taught me some of the "men's" work stuff too.

thanks Gut. I have a heated mattress pad that is my BEST friend.
    I think the problem I'm having is that it was 50 this morning and 85 this afternoon. That's a big difference in temps. I try to layer in the morning, but by this afternoon, it was hot enough to put the ac back on after having the heat on this morning.

Phroshay: LOVE the Son of a motherless goat exclamation. Good news about the dentist though.

Wish we had gotten better news about my daughter. She has a "mass" in one of her sinuses. She had an MRI. They don't think it's a tumor, but she may need surgery again. And she needs to go to an allergist. After 17 years they have FINALLY figured out what she's allergic too. We've been through the testing several times.
    The dr. thinks that the neti pot may not be working as well because there is a blockage.
    Last edited by MRD; 10-06-2008 at 04:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread