+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7110Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Whenever I turn up at my dad's office (a few times a year, as we work in the same city), I look young enough for people to think I'm in college, and people often ask my dad if I'm the daughter that's in college. His response is always, "No, this is the employed daughter!" And that's usually accompanied by a look of glee.

I did live at home for awhile, and while I think that helped me start my job on the right foot, I had plenty of incentives to get out (waking up at 5 am every day wasn't my cup of tea, for one thing) and I really like the fact that I'm financially independent right now. Earlier this year, I planned and paid for a two week trip to Peru by myself, and that was a proud moment for me (especially since I don't speak Spanish)-- it's just really nice to be able to do things for myself without help!

I've been holding Tripadvisor hostage, i love reading all these bad reviews. Alot of hotels have thin walls and no microwaves, who knew?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used the last check in my current checkbook today on Friday. I looked back and saw that I put that particular book of checks into use almost exactly 1 year ago!! Wow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

do you use e-pay or electronic bill paying through your bank? I do, and it takes me a long time to run through checks now - but not as long to run through check registries, so I've been scrounging around for registries to keep my account balanced. My bank says it is a common problem with folks using e-pay (but they didn't answer as to why they keep sending out only 1 registry with 5 books of checks).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do use electronic bill paying, and e-pay, but I don't keep a registry except for in my own head. So far, so good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

As long as you have a really good idea of where you stand with your money you should be fine. I know lots of people who never balance their checking accounts especially since you can keep better track with on-line banking. Where you run into trouble is if you just go on the bank balance without allowing for payments that haven't cleared the bank yet. My mom just goes by the bank balance without allowing for that and can't understand how she's always overdrawn.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I buy registers from some place online because I only write an average of 2 checks per month and I treat all my transactions as if I'd written a check.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I check my balance online. Most debits show up almost immediately in my account.
    I still have checks with my Florida address and we moved 2 years ago. I think we write about 6 checks a year. I don't even carry the checkbook with me anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I do a lot of my bills online, but still use checks out in the stores. I don't use a debit card.

I know it has been far too long since I ordered new checks, because my registers have the calendars for the years 2004, 2005, and 2006 on them! I still have quite a few boxes of unused checks left, so it will be a few more years before I will order new checks. And at that point, I will not be ordering as many as I have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212025;
    I check my balance online. Most debits show up almost immediately in my account.
    I still have checks with my Florida address and we moved 2 years ago. I think we write about 6 checks a year. I don't even carry the checkbook with me anymore.
    Be careful doing that. Some places check that your address on driver's license matches the address on your check and won't let you use it if it doesn't.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread