+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4542Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, I'm glad she's safe and sound!

MRD-name the time-I'm yours after the 11th!

Gut - I'm glad the trip ended safely

MRD - Breathe in - breathe out - breathe in - breathe out. In a few weeks, this will all be a memory.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got people on my roof working on replacing it right now! They are having a banging good time, too! I didn't expect them this soon, but they finished my catfish neighbor's this morning, and said that they could start today. I'm trying to remember that virtue/gift of patience that I have been given. These guys work fast, and the owner has said that they will be finished by tomorrow. I've threatened him if he messes up my satellite dish so that I can't watch the Vice Presidential debate tonight. He has been warned! (This is the part where I would raise one eyebrow in a menacing fashion, if I could! )

Pray for me not to have to kill somebody over the next 2 days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

myrosiedog
    Hang in there. Teenagers can be difficult to deal with in the best of times and then when you are all so stressed out because of the move and even more on your shoulders with your health issues, it must be tough. Like the saying goes, "this too shall pass". I remember when my kids were teens and said "I want... whatever", I'd usually say, "It's good to want." But remembering their reaction, it may not be somewhere you want to go right now.

Gutmutter
    I'm happy to hear that your daughter is safe and sound. It's hard not to worry about them, no matter how old they get.

prhoshay
    Here's hoping that your satellite dish stays in place. I'd hate to miss the debate too. It should be an interesting show!

MRD

Lil Bit, I always tell her " as Mick Jagger says: 'you can't always get what you want....".
    She hates that.

You know, she was never a "wanty" kid. The "I wants" didn't really start until a couple years ago. Why is that? Are teenagers more "wanty"? (must write to Colbert and give him the new word: "wanty". )

Yep, this will pass. Soon I hope. I was eating a Dove chocolate today (the special Breast cancer awareness kind) and the wrapper said: "you are stonger than you think". So I saved it.

I'm much better this afternoon, I think.

shay, roofing redos are the worst. So noisey and messy.

Gut, glad she's home safe and sound
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3210237;
    . . . Think about our retiring to Gut's, with our make-believe liquor in hand . . .
    Make believe?!!! Hell, no!!! My liquor's gonna be REAL!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I made a pot of her favorite (beef stew) last night and we shared a bottle of wine (she's 22) and she fell asleep on the couch with her head on my shoulder while we watched our favorite movie (Notting Hill). Really sweet. She leaves for her new job in Hyannis tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

What a nice evening. I'm so glad you got to share that. (Notting Hill is one of my favorites too. Got to love that kooky roommate. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Awww Gutmutter, that's so sweet. I'm glad you had the time together. Makes me miss my daughter. She only lives about 5 hours away but with jobs and gas prices, it's hard to get together.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

My 20 year old daughter is moving in with her dad who lives 10 hours away....I think it will do her a world of good, or I hope so anyways but it is breaking my heart as well because I told her she either has to get a job or get back in school and get her diploma and she has done neither so I told her she had to move out. Now I am questioning if I made the right decision or not. I feel if she stays here she will continue to just be on the computer all day long and I fear for the day I am gone and she will have no skills or anything to move ahead in life. I'm sorry, just had to talk about this a bit. Has anyone else gone through this with a child who doesn't seem to care about herself or see that she needs to stand on her own two feet? My mom catered to me all my life and she died when I was 42, now I am learning things that I didn't want to do when I was at home...cooking, I didn't learn how to do laundry until I was 18! I just don't want to become my parents. I was adopted because after 3 boys, they wanted a girl. Because I was adopted at 2 months, I was spoiled rotten by my parents, and my 3 brothers and now most of my family is gone except one brother and we don't get along at all. I keep telling or asking my daughter if she wants to end up like me....scared and learning how to handle life at my age. I want better for her. I feel like I am abandoning her though......ok, I will stop now.

+ Reply to Thread