+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4528Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Is she familiar with the three-letter-word - J O B????

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3210091;
    I was just about to post that very thing! Perhaps she would like to work so that she can acquire these things more quickly than waiting for you to be able to afford them? That is how I would lay it out for her - she's a big girl, she can take it. I would be willing to bet she would back off a bit if you laid it out as such each and every time she began complaining.

Shoot - I tell my 11 year old to get a job when he becomes impatient for things. Of course, I realize he is too young, but once I mention that a paper route is always a possibility - he quickly backs off He is not into getting up early for anything, ever.

Really-- exactly why does someone not yet 18 need a kitchen? And the parents should pay for it ? I always had to share the bath with 3 other kids--for that matter, I never had a private bath until I was about 28 years old and over the room mate phase!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Exactly! I shared a bed with my sister until I moved out at 18. No private anything. Mom couldn't afford a bigger apartment - it was what it was. We dealt with it -- 3 people and only 1 bathroom. She'll get over it.

to the above several posts.

If a nearly 18-year-old is dissatisfied with her living conditions and wants her own kitchen and bathroom NOW, then she can get a job and her own apartment now. (Worked for me -- full-time university student on the dean's list, had a job, paid tuition AND rent for a shared apartment.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I never had a private bath until I was about 28 years old and over the room mate phase
    Wow. Even though I grew up in a BIG family, I always bathed alone.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3210091;
    Yes, she's very familiar with it. But her school is 5 days a week 9-5 and it doesn't leave a LOT of time leftover to work, so she doesn't make a lot right now.

I'm sorry I said anything. The situation and the way the house is laid out will make a private bath and kitchen beneficial to everyone, not just my daughter.

Again, forget I complained. It's not something I wish to completely explain at the moment. And my daughter works and goes to school, so it's not like she sits on her butt waiting on us to do everything for her either. She also pays her own school supplies which run about $400 a month. There isn't much leftover after she pays for that.

ETA: sorry, if I sound snippy. It's just that I'm really stressed over the move and I'm stressed that she's impatient at the moment. I realize that we all want everything to be perfect in the new house, but some of us realize better than others, that it's going to be an ongoing process to make improvements, get furniture, etc.
    Last edited by MRD; 10-02-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Hey, MRD, take a deep breath! Think of how wonderful you'll feel in about a month when you're all moved in and the dogs are done being stressed. Think about our retiring to Gut's, with our make-believe liquor in hand, listening to the grass grow while Newf plays piano. I wish I could help you move-I love to do that! So, I'll be make-believe drinking for you during the next two weeks so you relax!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3210237;
    Hey, MRD, take a deep breath! Think of how wonderful you'll feel in about a month when you're all moved in and the dogs are done being stressed. Think about our retiring to Gut's, with our make-believe liquor in hand, listening to the grass grow while Newf plays piano. I wish I could help you move-I love to do that! So, I'll be make-believe drinking for you during the next two weeks so you relax!
    Thank you. I'm booking a plane ticket right now for you. Can you be here by tonight???

Yeah, I need a breather, so I'm going BACK to the @#$@@# Home Depot in a few min. (actually that is not a relaxing shopping experience for me, but it's also somewhere that is not HERE at the moment. I HAVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Daughter home and asleep in her bed.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread