+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3206838;
    Just make sure you rattle our cages when you do so that those of us who are interested can drop over there and get your take on it!
    *Rattle* Rattle* - My take from my first reading of the book has been posted.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3206442;
    We went to our local Little Theater last night to see "Always....Patsy Cline". It was great. Funny and fabulous music. I'm still humming Patsy Cline songs. If you get the chance, go see this. It's a great little 2 person play with humor and music.
    I love Patsy Cline. What is the show, exactly? Is it a bio based thing or is it a show based on her songs? It sounds fun.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3206886;
    I love Patsy Cline. What is the show, exactly? Is it a bio based thing or is it a show based on her songs? It sounds fun.
    It's a show based on her songs. The fan, Louise, does the narration (and she is FUNNY) and the singer playing Patsy sings about 10-15 songs. It was really fun. We enjoyed it so much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote: myrosiedog:
    Originally Posted by onei0091
    It's a show based on her songs. The fan, Louise, does the narration (and she is FUNNY) and the singer playing Patsy sings about 10-15 songs. It was really fun. We enjoyed it so much.
    So, kind of like Mamma Mia, but done in country-western?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My cold is finally subsiding, thank you!!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3207000;
    So, kind of like Mamma Mia, but done in country-western?
    I haven't seen Mama Mia, so I don't know. And Patsy Cline also had a lot of crossover hits, so I wouldn't say country-western either. Many of her songs were country, some weren't.

MRD

I hate to double post, but I have a dilemma.

As you know, we are moving in 2 weeks. The old landlord dropped by again (unannounced, again) and proceeded to get kind of nasty, but fortunately my hubby put her in her place. However. She complained about how the house looked (hello, we're moving, of course it's in disarray right now. And I wanted to tell her that it bothers ME a whole lot more than it bothers her because I can't stand living in chaos). She complained that the house smelled like dog. Ok, probably does, however, we plan on shampooing the carpets before we are out of here. In fact, we had planned on cleaning up once the house was empty. AND she got a $250 NON-REFUNDABLE pet deposit. The dogs have not torn up the house or carpet either. The carpet is just in need of a shampoo.

She complained about the painting when she told us we could paint and approved the colors. (hubby reminded her of that and she backed down).

She called here mid-day on Fri. and just kept calling every 5 min. from different phone numbers (she knows we ALL work and she has Hubby's cell phone, but wont' call it, and got upset when no one answered the phone. Again, hello! We were at work). Hubby called her on Fri. night when he got off work.

So then she shows up on Sat. unannounced and proceeds to be nasty about everything.
    We've made improvements to the house. Nothing major and usually she bought the supplies and we provided the labor and didn't charge her, so the house is in better shape now than when we moved in.

But here's the deal. Both hubby and I came to separate conclusions (we didn't really discuss it until yesterday) that she's going to try to screw us out of our $900 refundable security deposit, no matter how clean we leave the house.

Oh and that's another thing. Hubby reminded her that it cost us an extra days rental on the uhaul as the house was filthy when we moved in and we had to spend the first day cleaning it up before we could unload the truck. We also took photos of what it looked like and he told her we had photos of how dirty the house was when we moved in.

But we still feel like we're going to kiss that $900 goodbye as she's not going to give it back.
    I told hubby that we shouldb't clean then. And she has the $250 non-refundable pet deposit that should be enough to shampoo the carpets as well.
    We will owe 1/2 months rent on Oct. 1 and I say that we don't pay it and let her take it out of the deposit because again, we're not going to see any of that money anyway. And quite honestly, it's not going to be worth our time and money persuing getting it back through the court system. That would leave her $450 out of the deposit not for rent to clean up with. Not that it's that dirty. Really, but the windows need to be washed, the floors mopped and the carpets shampooed. We're not pigs, we don't live in a sty, so it's not all that dirty.

Anyway, I'm asking what would you guys do. I have NEVER left a rental not clean. I have never failed to get back a security deposit because we always leave the rental cleaner than we found it. We've never had any problems with landlords before, but this one is getting to be a problem.

Oh and she's upset because the house is in disarray as that means she can't show it. Again, HELLO!!!!! we're moving, what the hell am I supposed to do with the boxes??? And in 2 weeks, we'll be gone and she can show it then.

She's also a few colors short of an entire box of Crayola's too.

Anyway, I know moving is going to be a lot of work and once everything is at the new house, instead of getting that organized, we have to come back here for a day to clean it all up here. I'm at the point to just let the deposit go and let her deal with cleaning it because I just know in my heart of hearts, we aren't going to get the deposit back. We don't need her for a reference or anything.

So what to do? I probably haven't explained things real well here either. I'm half asleep and I didn't sleep well last night because I'm upset about the landlord situation with her.

Well here is my two cents, Clean the place, shampoo the carpets, pay the rent, you can probably go to small claims or something for the deposit back or kiss it goodbye, but I am a big believer in karma myrosiedog, if you do not do anything you are supposed to by law, it will come back and bite you. (Trust me on this one) Keep all of your receipts and by all means take more pictures after you have done everything and moved everything out, date them and label them. Do not even leave one iota of anything behind. (I guess I watch too much Judge Judy and People's court.) There is probably a low or no cost way for you to pursue your deposit after you are gone.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

You can't take pre-emptive, punitive actions based on what the landlord MIGHT do. You've got 'before' pictures, take extensive 'after' pictures (even inside the refrigerator and oven if she's a true nut-case), keep the receipt for the shampoo machine (and maybe take pictures of you using it in the house after the furniture is move out.) If she does not refund your deposit, take her to Small Claims Court. That's what they are there for.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newfherder - I like your idea of taking pictures of the actual cleaning of the house. Oh and myrosiedog - when you take pictures of the actual cleaning happening, don't pose them, do action photos. I like the taking of refrigerator pictures, oven pictures and any other cabinet, closet etc., pictures. Leave no stone unturned.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread