+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am really considering the flu shot this year. Had the horrible flu this past June, and wanted to die. Just moving an arm ached so much!

I've had the flu develop into bouts of pneumonia three times and permanent deafness in one ear once - I always get my flu shot now. The very idea of getting the flu makes me want to cry.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Makes the thought and toleration of the little needle bearable, doesn't it?

And we should all remember....and a lot of people grew up not being told this....you do not get a cold or the flu due to being out in cold weather. Somewhere along the line, a virus found you or you found it, and "Whammo!", here comes your cold or the flu! I still know people who think these things are caused by cold/cool weather!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't recall ever having a flu shot. I never got one because I was so terrified of needles. After my experience the past... few months, I'm no longer scared of needles.. unless they're coming from the dentist!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3204403;
    Makes the thought and toleration of the little needle bearable, doesn't it?

And we should all remember....and a lot of people grew up not being told this....you do not get a cold or the flu due to being out in cold weather. Somewhere along the line, a virus found you or you found it, and "Whammo!", here comes your cold or the flu! I still know people who think these things are caused by cold/cool weather!

Yeah! I watched a show that said the reason more people get colds and flu in the wintertime is because everyone is huddled inside together, with the windows closed, and germs are more likely to be transmitted from person to person. Unlike summertime when people are outdoors more often and/or have the windows open. They said it had nothing to do with being out in the cold weather. In fact, you are less likely to get sick if you stand out in the cold instead of going inside to be with a bunch of other people. LOL.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Am I the last person to read about PETA wanting Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk in their ice cream instead of cow's milk? The words "get a life" come to mind.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3204626;
    Am I the last person to read about PETA wanting Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk in their ice cream instead of cow's milk? The words "get a life" come to mind.
    There's a whole thread about it in current events. But yeah, a resounding no thanks on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3204626;
    You must be the second to last because I never heard that. That's pretty freaky. Where would they get all that breast milk? Soy milk maybe, but breast milk isn't that easy to come by.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3205596;
    You must be the second to last because I never heard that. That's pretty freaky. Where would they get all that breast milk? Soy milk maybe, but breast milk isn't that easy to come by.
    They c ouldn't. It's just one of PETA's stunts to bring awareness to the treatment of dairy cows.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The discussion of PETA over at Current Events is much livelier
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread