+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What a great attitude you have, chrelsey! I'm glad our Texas friends have weathered the storm as well as they did. That must have been SO scary!

MRD

Chrelsey and Burntbrat, so glad to hear you are ok. Been wondering how you guys were doing, especially after seeing the damage reports on tv.

Unk, hope things get back to normal in Ohio too.

Ike was a bad one that caused damage far and wide.

You guys all stay safe and glad you and your families are all ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Glad to hear all are safe and back at the FORT. \
    A quick update on my doctor's diagnosis that my new vitamins had too much niacin... I compared my old vitamins (regular Centrum) with the new ones (Centrum performance) and the new ones have TWO TIMES the recommended daily niacin (causing throbbing neck). That's TWICE as much as what I had been taking. Needless to say, I've stopped. At lunch a coworker said her husband started taking niacin and he was burning up after every dose. He finally had to tell his doctor he couldn't take it any more. So be careful about niacin!!!
    Count your blessings!

Chrelsey, glad to hear that everyone is safe Now that we're seeing some of the pictures on TV it's just overwhelming. I drove down a street close by our house today that was lined with power lines. On one side of the street, there were about 10 poles in a row that were down. 2 of them were snapped in half. It was crazy.

Gut, glad to hear that you found the problem! I had no idea that niacin could be that bad.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Wow that's really interesting about the niacin. I will pass that along to some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3198693;
    queenb and proshay - do you think my twice daily neti pot (saline solution) could be contributing to my high blood pressure? I don't ingest it, but am I absorbing it through my sinuses?
    Sorry this took so long-- I don't know for sure, but thinking logically I would say no. After all, there's only 1/2 teaspoon or less of saltin each neti pot, and probably 99.5% of the liquid ends up going down the drain, so if you absorb any it would only be a trace, according to my train of thought!

I do agree that it's very, very important to be careful about what vitamins you take. I shudder when I see people buying megadoses of all kinds of vitamins and taking them, as you never know what you could be doing to yourself.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is ok from the hurricaine and storms. It sure looked bad on tv up here!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I got my daughter a neti pot. She's having horrible allergies and sinus problems and possibly polyps again. She has been trying to use it for 2 days now and says that it will NOT drain out the other side because her nose is so clogged up. We read the directions together, I tried to help as much as I could. Any advice out there? Is she not doing it right?

MRD, tell her to try leaning over further, that might help. If not, maybe breathing some steam first would help.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm just getting back power after 4 days in the dark. Just WOW! Not a drop of rain to be seen, though, and we are in a drought. I've got a partially uprooted tree that is touching the house, but at least I've had safe, yummy drinking water, running water, and lots of candles, so it's all good, actually. It wasn't fun, but I can't complain when I look at what others are going through. And it was great to see kids actually playing like kids should for a change. School is out for all of this week, rather than doing this day-by-day thing. Parents have got to be able to plan. Figures my Honeybump would be out of the country when this happens. I ask you....."What good is he??!"

Gut, you are going to absorb some salt across your mucus membranes...they has a rapid absorbtion rate, but it shouldn't be very much since the saline is on the move...in one side and out the other...unless you're mrd's daughter. I read something about what to do (or not) if your nose is that blocked up, but I'd have to go look for it again. When I find it, I'll PM you, mrd. It is possible to be too clogged, as I recall. I'm guessing she has been blowing and blowing and blowing....which can worsen the swelling and irritation. Poor baby.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-17-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread