+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7204Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you having to deal with this horrible weather.
    I hope you all get back home to everything safe and dry.

Please keep up updated as to how you are all doing if possible.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and kind words. I'll update as I can . . . until we lose power - which they say isn't "if" we lose power, but "when." Right now it's just windy, but you wouldn't believe how high the water has already risen - and it isn't even here yet - it's still about 10 hours away from making landfall. A lot of the island is under water, and as we were leaving our neighborhood a couple of hours ago, the bayou was already over it's banks and into the yards of the houses facing it (one street over from our house). I think we made the right decision to leave.

My brother-in-law has a bayou right behind his house - but it only has a little bit of water in it right now. It will be interesting to see how high it gets - hopefully not into his back yard or house. He said that his zip code is in the mandatory evacuation zone because of how close part of the zip code area is to Clear Lake (which feeds into Galveston Bay) - he is also only a mile or so from NASA.

BUT - we've already made our first pitcher of margaritas for our hurricane party . . . but we won't be doing that later, as we will want to make sure we are thinking clearly when the bad stuff really hits.

Until then - Hurricane Margaritas on me!
    Last edited by chrelsey; 09-12-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell after one of Mr. C's margaritas!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

When I get home, I will be thinking lots of Margarita thoughts for you-I'm not the best drinker in the world, but my margarita thoughts are the best. I hope everyone in the path gets throught this unscathed.

You're crazy chrelsey! Good luck tonight and stay safe

I'm much farther north than chrelsey is. We've stored all the potential projectiles in the garage and we have lots of water and ice. We didn't bother boarding up the windows. Only a few houses in our neighborhood are boarded up anyway. So we're all set but I'm definitely dreading if/when we lose power tonight. The kids are already driving me nuts!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Good luck to all of you in the hurricane's path. As for me.. TGIF. There's a Campari and soda with my name on it.
    Count your blessings!

It's Friday and time for :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh yes!! I've got my wine chilling in the fridge and will be opening it in a few hours!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wine here, too -- a 2000 petite syrah (for a steal at Trader Joe's) and dark chocolate infused with pasilla and cayenne from Chuao (not such a steal, but worth it!).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3197016;
    ...dark chocolate infused with pasilla and cayenne from Chuao (not such a steal, but worth it!).
    I have no idea what that is but you make it sound good! I'm already down half a glass of pinot grigio, my favorite wine.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread