+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Just so you know, Duxxy, I'm coming to visit you. I knew Canada was beautiful, but I didn't realize it was that beautiful. Those colours look almost surreal, they're that bright and gorgeous.

Now that we're on the topic of Canada: The boyfriend and I have been talking about going to Canada for years now. He's a total fishing/outdoors geek, and I've read one too many Canadian novels and OD'd on Chris Carter shows (both X-Files and Millennium were filmed in British Columbia, and the scenery is just breathtaking), so we'll definitely go there sometime. Just need to sort out the financial bit first.

For all you Canadians out there: Which places should we go to? Any must-sees? Where should we be based - Toronto? Vancouver? I realize that Canada is huge, so we would probably have to choose a specific region and pretty much stay there. We're looking for gorgeous scenery and mainly rural settings, although it would be nice to spend a couple of days in one of the major cities as well.

queenb, your New England trip sounds amazing! I've always wanted to go there, especially Maine and New Hampshire. Make sure to take lots and lots of pictures, and have a blast!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Marley, when do we see the pics of the trip to Wyoming?
    Sorry I haven't done that yet, Queen! I took almost 600 pictures on that trip between Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and Montana. I will get right on that and post some very soon.

You have a safe trip and have fun! I'm heading out in about an hour for a nice long weekend at my brother's in Colorado Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Just so you know, Duxxy, I'm coming to visit you. I knew Canada was beautiful, but I didn't realize it was that beautiful. Those colours look almost surreal, they're that bright and gorgeous.

For all you Canadians out there: Which places should we go to? Any must-sees? Where should we be based - Toronto? Vancouver? I realize that Canada is huge, so we would probably have to choose a specific region and pretty much stay there. We're looking for gorgeous scenery and mainly rural settings, although it would be nice to spend a couple of days in one of the major cities as well.
    Geek, you should really really come to Canada. It is gorgeous. It's hard to say where you should go though, because every attraction is completely different. Do you want to live the cosmopolitan life, see museums/art shows, eat at high end restaurants, see italian/portuguese/jewish/chinese/etc. communities in one big city? Then Montreal and Vancouver are the places for you. But you can also become one with nature or go back in time in different provinces of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Geek, you should really really come to Canada. It is gorgeous. It's hard to say where you should go though, because every attraction is completely different. Do you want to live the cosmopolitan life, see museums/art shows, eat at high end restaurants, see italian/portuguese/jewish/chinese/etc. communities in one big city? Then Montreal and Vancouver are the places for you. But you can also become one with nature or go back in time in different provinces of the country.

I`ve always enjoyed Niagara falls.
    Spectacular.

geek, I'm not necessarily recommending Toronto, but I can tell you a few things about it. First, you have to drive a fair bit to get anyplace rural, but there are some gorgeous areas throughout southern Ontario that are worth seeing - the Beaver Valley in the autumn, as an example. And depending on how long you were staying, you could do a long weekend in Montreal, either driving (5 hours) or by train, which is a very dependable and popular way to get there for a weekend. We're also a couple of hours away max from Niagara Falls, which is delightfully cheesy.

Toronto itself has a wide variety of cultural pursuits and is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world with a number of corresponding neighbourhoods. If you want to know anything about the India Bazaar, let me know - I live there. Actually, let me know if there's anything specific you would like to know about Toronto.

Oh yeah, I think Margaret Atwood lives here.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Marly that spot is 40 mins from my front door. It's just gorgeous here in the autumn, even 10 mins from my front door.
    If you want a good fishing/gaming Canadian experience you need to go to Manitoba, the fishing is so good there that you are not allowed to use live bait, you have to use preserved bait (minnows, worms, suckers and such) or lures. The wildlife is so plentiful that they don't even have a tag lottery like they do here in Ontario (in ON you have to buy your hunting license and your name is put into a lottery if you want moose or elk- your catch has to be 'tagged' to bring it out of the bush, if the Ministry of Natural Resources catches you with untagged catch you are charged with poaching, in Manitoba your regular hunting license entitles you to what ever prey you want- the hunting is so good there that my father in law has turned to bow hunting moose and elk just for the challenge *its not easy to kill an 1800lb moose with a bow and arrow!)
    Ontario and Alberta have breath-taking scenery and our national parks are just amazing. I've never been to either coast so I can't speak from experience. Shopping and night life you have to go to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.
    You're all welcome! Let me know when to expect you!

Margaret Atwood is a self-important git with a depressing outlook on life
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    queenb - have fun in New England and give Pommie a hug for me!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Whoa! Your husband has hairy toenails??

I used to shoot pool, but not very well. I have a good theoretical knowledge of what to do, but I could never coordinate my hands and eyes to run more than about four balls. I was OK with a .22 pistol, but haven't shot one in years. I get enough of the great outdoors at work, so I don't seek it out in my free time, except to garden.

I'll admit to a few. I started taking piano lessons a little over a year ago, and enjoy opera. I will go to my first ballet this spring when the Russian National Ballet Theatre and Orchestra comes to town to put on Swan Lake.
    You'll love Swan Lake. One of my favorites. Of course that is colored because my daughter also danced in a production of it, but professionally done it is beautiful. I wish I could get to more ballet.

My problem now with pool is I can't see the other side of the table, so it makes it hard to shoot and hit anything. Need glasses.

And I meant to say he has hairy toes, but I wouldn't be surprised if his toenails were hairy as I am married to Sasquatch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

If you haven't yet, be sure to enter our current FORT giveaway contest! The prizes are really cool this time, and it's easy. And it's FREE!

FORT Announces a Contest Giveaway for "The Hill"

The deadline is coming up, and there are a lot of prizes to give away!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I bought a new scented plug in some days ago and i love the scent. Now the bodies will go unnoticed. j/k
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread