+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Superbrat, that's just terrible for everyone involved. It WAS an accident. Try as we may, accidents happen. I hope your dad will be ok and will be able to drive again soon. I know that would shake me up too. You're doing a good job cheering him up.

But just keep telling him it was an accident.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I couldn't even imagine what your father must be feeling.

Give your dad a hug from me, too Superbrat.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks everybody! My dad made it to work tonight. He talked to my mom and said the hardest part was actually getting into his pickup and starting it up. He still hasn't gone down the street the accident happened on.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Superbrat, I'm glad your dad was able to go back to work. Let him know he's in our thoughts!

the first step to handling fears like that is to do it. The first accident I was in really spooked me but I was the only one with a functioning car at the time (we crashed in 2 friend's cars) and so I had to drive everyone to work, etc. It was hard but once I got on the road I was doing better. Give your dad a huge hug and tell him he's doing great!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Man, I bumped a raccoon a few weeks ago while driving late at night and screamed bloody murder and was anxious for awhile after that happened. I can't imagine hitting a person - that's really tough.

I agree with buglover, getting back in the car soon is the best thing you can do. When my uncle was a teenager he got in a car accident with their mailman and the mailman died. My uncle didn't leave his room for a month or so after it happened, and he has trouble driving to this day as a result of that accident. It was no one's fault - just an accident - but it can really be hard on a person's psyche.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just got a UPS delivery....nothing like having somebody bring goodies to the door! Not only was he parked on the opposite side of the street from what he used to do, but he is here about 6 hours earlier than usual. I guess this is all part of UPS working at making only right turns, whenever possibe, to save on gas. Interesting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anyone know a trick for getting paint out of clothes? I accidentally got some paint on a pair of new jeans.

I had a horrible nightmare last night. I was floating over my apartment complex and saw my husband out front mowing the lawn. He was much thinner than he is now. A woman came out of the front and walked to my husband carrying a large bag. She put the bag in front of him and walked away. He opened the bag and pulled out a dead cat. I cried from my floating position that it was my cat and how could he have killed her. It was so sad.

I wonder what it means.
    Last edited by buglover; 09-05-2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread