+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Here's what a quick google search got me on laws by state: Statutory Rape Laws by State

When does she turn 16? It looks like most of the laws allow for a 2-3 year age difference provided both parties are over 16, but like everyone here said... Check out the laws for your state!

edit to add: Note that the link above is as of 2003. Granted most of those laws are probably still valid, but they may have changed...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

I have a question and I haven't been able to find an answer.

Packing up to move and we have a TUB of fireworks the kids have bought in the past. unused.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these? We live in Ohio and I haven't been able to google any answers on this.

The police or fire department will probably take them off your hands with no questions asked... Maybe call them with a hypothetical question...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

MRD

Um, have a big party before you move and blast them off?

I'd call the fire department and ask them. I'm sure they'd rather dispose of them than risk having them go into a dumpster and then going off accidentally (not that you would do that, but some people would)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bring 'em over to my house.

you know, I am close enough to do that Unk. just a couple hours away.

I'll check with the local fire department tomorrow.

ATTN: PARENTS OR OLDER SIBLINGS! Please, for the love all that is holy, supervise your children when they are near a road! And teach them to look both ways before they cross the street!

Why am I making this comment right now? Well, my dad accidently hit an 8 year old girl, who ran out from behind an ice cream tuck and out into the middle of the road, yesterday evening. And my dad drives a really big pickup, too. The girl is expected to make a full recovery, but my dad is still shaken up. He didn't go to work last night, and he's not going tonight. My dad's still too shaken up to drive, and considering he's a truck driver... yeah...

The good thing is that I made him laugh a couple times today. The first time, i was in the car with my mom. My dad was on the phone with her hand complaining about people bugging him and stuff. My mom said it was only because they cared about him and were worried. And I yelled, "ITS 'CAUSE WE LOVE YOU GOSH DARNIT (in far saltier language)!" And then the second time, we were at home and he was flipping channels and paused on ANTM, then changed the channel. He said, "You honestly don't think I'm going to watch that." I said, "Dad... I have seen you watch far worse." He laughed and told me I was right.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3188219;
    ATTN: PARENTS OR OLDER SIBLINGS! Please, for the love all that is holy, supervise your children when they are near a road! And teach them to look both ways before they cross the street!

Why am I making this comment right now? Well, my dad accidently hit an 8 year old girl, who ran out from behind an ice cream tuck and out into the middle of the road, yesterday evening. And my dad drives a really big pickup, too. The girl is expected to make a full recovery, but my dad is still shaken up. He didn't go to work last night, and he's not going tonight. My dad's still too shaken up to drive, and considering he's a truck driver... yeah...

SuperBrat - that's really scary and I'm sure it shook your father up badly. You are doing the right thing by cheering him up.

Keep in mind that this was an accident. Not your Dad's fault. Years ago, my grandfather (who was 80 at the time) was walking across the street in front of his home and he got hit by a car. The woman who hit him was just devastated until we finally got her to understand that it was not her fault and we were not angry at her. It was an accident. I will say though, that she sent flowers to the hospital when my grandfather was in there and she sent a very sweet card when he passed away a few years later. Maybe it would make your Dad feel better if he did something like that for the little girl. I hope this helps.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always been worried by stopped vehicles like buses, ice cream trucks, etc. that I can't see around. I actually come to a stop and inch my way forward, super-slowly, until I can be sure that no one is running across the street. You just never know. I just want to give the pedestrian the chance to see me as much as I want to see them. If there is a building on a corner that obscures the view of traffic from the cross street, and I've stopped at a red light, I still hesitate when it turns green, waiting on that last minute driver that decides to drive through the light. I usually let another car enter the intersection before I do; unfortunately, I decide to let the other car get hit before I do.

I've hit birds (dead bird, eeeewwwwww.....), and a suicidal dog or two (luckily neither was killed), and it shakes you up so badly to feel/hear the results of that impact. I am sure your dad is really rattled. I just can't imagine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Superbrat, give your dad a big hug for me. That would be so upsetting. I would probably be unable to drive for a while either.

+ Reply to Thread