+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3184799;
    my son, when we talked on the phone and i'd ask him "whatcha doin?", he'd respond with "talkin' to you!"
    I love the people who call and when you answer say "Oh, you're home" Well yeah, I'm home, why did you call if you didn't think I would be here?
    CYA

MRD

See, this is why comedian Bill Engvall says that if people would just wear signs, we'd know what we were dealing with and could adjust accordingly. It's the whole basis of the "here's your sign" comedy bit he's known for.

We've had a movie running for the past 3 weekends at the museum that has had phenominal attendence. We took reservations and have had to turn people away in droves because we didn't have enough room or enough showings (that's a whole other can of worms) to accomodate them all.

So people come in and say: "we're here for the movie".

"Do you have reservations?"

"Did I need them?"

I just want to say: "No, I'm asking if you have reservations because I feel like it"

Superbrat, that is a weird transaction. I have been known to give someone maybe $21 dollars for a $15 total, so that I get a $5 bill back instead of a bunch of ones. Same with coins. And the sad thing is that a lot of cashiers don't understand that concept. Had one about a week ago that I gave a penny too along with the folding money, so I wouldn't get back 4 pennies in change and would get back silver change. It totally blew her mind, she didn't know what to do and I still ended up getting pennies back.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know why they call it LABOR day. I'm laboring in my Felix Unger sort of way, touching up paint that my painters missed a couple months ago when they painted my apartment. Nothing anyone would notice unless you EYEBALLED all the walls and ceilings.

MRD

I'm laboring doing research for an upcoming talk on the history of military rations.

It's cloudy here and no one really feels like doing anything, so we shall let the "last weekend of summer" pass without fanfare here.

I watered the pumpkin patch. That's enough labor for one day, unless I decide to practice my piano lessons.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

So come Halloween, do you sit in the pumpkin patch with your blanket waiting on The Great Pumpkin???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3185203;
    First off.... let's try to find the logic in this transaction I made today at work:

a lady came in and said, "I'd like $8.50 on pump 2, please." And she procedes to hand me $23

i looked at it, looked at her, and said, "$8.50, out of $23?"

her: "Yep!"

me: "....Ok....." *hands her her change of $14.50 back*.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3185380;
    Superbrat, that is a weird transaction. I have been known to give someone maybe $21 dollars for a $15 total, so that I get a $5 bill back instead of a bunch of ones. Same with coins. And the sad thing is that a lot of cashiers don't understand that concept. Had one about a week ago that I gave a penny too along with the folding money, so I wouldn't get back 4 pennies in change and would get back silver change. It totally blew her mind, she didn't know what to do and I still ended up getting pennies back.

OK, so now I'm seeing where the kids I'm tutoring at the center will fit into life if they don't decide to make at least a tiny committment to math. You guys have heard me rant about a student who could not tell me how many times 7 goes into 14. A seventh grader, no doubt!

And the scary part is that there are a lot of people like this out there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3185203;
    First off.... let's try to find the logic in this transaction I made today at work:

a lady came in and said, "I'd like $8.50 on pump 2, please." And she procedes to hand me $23

i looked at it, looked at her, and said, "$8.50, out of $23?"

her: "Yep!"

me: "....Ok....." *hands her her change of $14.50 back*
    I don't get it... What was her expression when you gave her the $14.50 back?

I was at a Rite-Aid a few weeks ago and the cashier had to only deal with bills. There was an automatic change maker on the counter so as not to confuse the cashiers. Walgreens has the same thing. It wasn't enough that the cash registers would tell the cashiers exactly how much change to give?? Why do we continue to dumb-down America for our youth? I don't see how it is beneficial to anyone.

So many young people cannot count out change at all anymore. I remember when the power went out on our side of the city and the cashiers at the bagel shop had to use a calculator put the money in a lock box because the registers were computers only. One girl looked like she was going to cry. It was sad. I always counted change back to people when I worked retail even if we had a register that did everything for us. I felt I was working my brain even though I was working a crap job.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Your bill was 7.81, you give me $10.00, I count back to you 4 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime and 2 singles as this:

Your total was 7.81 here's your change 82,83,84,85, 90, $8.00, $9.00, $10.00

+ Reply to Thread