+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5771Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You know......men get pedicures, too.........and they like it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    you all need to come up here to CAnada if you want to see some truly spectacular fall colour! Actually the MI UP has a load of colour too!

I love fall, I get to pull out my soft cotton sweaters, I love the crisp scent in the air, but mostly I love that I am not sweating like a long distance runner at all times.
    What part of Canada, Duxxy? We were in Glacier NP a few weeks ago and stopped in at the Canada - Alberta visitors center. (Mostly because I was looking for a restroom ) We ended up chatting with the guys working in there and I picked up enough cool info that now I want to come to Alberta. The MI UP is also on my list of places I want to go.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You know......men get pedicures, too.........and they like it.
    REAL Men's feet smell like pickled okra! (Sorry Prhoshay, I couldn't resist)

We have men who get pedicures in our Salon, but the Men come hiking with me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    We have men who get pedicures in our Salon, but the Men come hiking with me.
    Touche`!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    I wish my husband would get a pedicure. He has toenails that could be used as combat weapons! What is it with you men and toenails huh? It's bad enough they're hairy, do they have to be sharp too?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Either of you shoot pool, watch football or boxing? do you hunt or shoot?
    I used to be an avid sports nut, but when I moved to Vegas 14 years ago the spectator sport thing was mostly sidelined for the extremely accessible outdoor activities.

In LA we combined sports with our outdoor activities. My best buds were restaurant people like me. We had Sunday and Monday nights off. We'd go to Marion Mountain campground outside LA. Campsite #7. You had to hike in a bit to get to it, so no one could see us. We'd hike all day Sunday and Monday then on Monday night we'd cook up a huge gourmet meal, get a fire going in the fire pit, and then watch Monday Night Football on my battery operated 5" TV. Life was good!

Today it's really about the quiet sports for me. I fish, but that's the only blood sport I do. And when I fish I catch and release unless I'm in the back country with no other fresh food to eat.

I also have quite a few X/Y combo interests. Just not candles!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I wish my husband would get a pedicure. He has toenails that could be used as combat weapons! What is it with you men and toenails huh? It's bad enough they're hairy, do they have to be sharp too?
    Whoa! Your husband has hairy toenails??

I used to shoot pool, but not very well. I have a good theoretical knowledge of what to do, but I could never coordinate my hands and eyes to run more than about four balls. I was OK with a .22 pistol, but haven't shot one in years. I get enough of the great outdoors at work, so I don't seek it out in my free time, except to garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I also have quite a few X/Y combo interests. Just not candles!
    I'll admit to a few. I started taking piano lessons a little over a year ago, and enjoy opera. I will go to my first ballet this spring when the Russian National Ballet Theatre and Orchestra comes to town to put on Swan Lake.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    What part of Canada, Duxxy? We were in Glacier NP a few weeks ago and stopped in at the Canada - Alberta visitors center. (Mostly because I was looking for a restroom ) We ended up chatting with the guys working in there and I picked up enough cool info that now I want to come to Alberta. The MI UP is also on my list of places I want to go.

I'm 4 hours north of Toronto in Sudbury Ontario, Marly. If you are coming this way you have to stop over!

We can check out Onaping High Falls, among other attractions.

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member
    Oh my, Duxxy, those pictures are beautiful! Is that near where you live? There are so many places I want to go, Canada is definitely on the list now.

I just wanted to check in here for a minute before I start my vacation. Hopefully the site will be a little bit easier before I get back. Wheee--- I'll be gone till the 18th! I'm leaving tomorrow to go exploring in New England; I've never been up there before. I'll fly to Boston tomorrow, then head up to New Hampshire and Maine, to do some hiking, beachcombing, lobster eating and so forth. Then I'll come back to Mass. for a day of deep sea fishing out of Gloucester and a day in Plymouth. Then I'll go to Boston to see the city and all the cool historical stuff there. I also hope to drag Pom out to play if her health will allow; I've already threatened to show up with a whelchair, wheelbarrow, or whatever it takes.

As for work shoes, Rattus, Mr. Rattus might also check out Wolverine Durashocks. Out of approximately 90 men (and one Queen!) 85% of us wear Wolverines--they are comfortable, and even in our environment of oil, chemicals, etc, last a really long time and are really good about being non-slip. They aren't cheap but well worth the price.

Dang, I'm ready for the troubles with the site servers to go away, although I'm sure,John, you're working on it as hard as you can! I miss FORTing around in here, but the only way I've been able to stay on long enough to make a post is to close the window, go compose on Notepad, and cut and paste it here . Yes, I am the slowest typist in the world, so it doesn't help!

Marley, when do we see the pics of the trip to Wyoming?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread