+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6757Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm sure it's super noisy and annoying for you, but the pictures make it look really quaint
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Re: Etiquette Questions

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3182957;
    My psychiatrist has suggested Buspar, but I have not yet tried it. We had to switch to different anti anxiety meds when I found out I was pregnant for awhile but none of the ones I tried during that time were as effective for me as Xanax. She feels quite confident about buspar, though, and I think she said it's safe to take during pregnancy...? Is it non-addictive? Do you feel it right away, like Xanax, or is it like a lot of antidepressants where it takes a few weeks or so to take effect?

I had some bad experiences with antidepressants - Lexapro, Effexor XR, and Prozac. It made me feel really odd and when I tapered off of them I had horrible withdrawal. Doctors assured me that it wasn't but I have a very sensitive body chemistry and I knew it was the drugs...So I'm scared of those kind of long term drugs but Buspar sounds different.

I need to eat at regular intervals, too, or I can easily trigger a panic attack. Fatigue also does it - if I don't get enough sleep. Lack of exercise is a huge factor too - if I sit around too much my anxiety creeps back.
    I have had horrible problems with anti-depressants as well. That's why there are so many as they work differently on different people. But whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE Cymbalta. That drug should be taken off the market here like it has been in Europe.

I've taken quite a few until I found something that worked for me. I take Wellbutrin which can cause some anxiety in some people. I also take the Buspar. I saw it's effect in about a week. BUT, every anti-depressant works differently on different people and may not work as fast or as slow as it did for me. I have told people a LOT that sometimes you just have to keep trying until you find one that works. I did and I got really frustrated, upset, more depressed, anxious, etc., but I'm glad I stuck with it because now I have one that works perfectly for me. And the Buspar works well with it.
    I take the Buspar at night and the Wellbutrin during the day.
    I have 2 good friends that also take Buspar and both have reported that it has done well for their anxiety.
    As for addictive? I don't think so, but talk to your doctor about it. I just know that it works for me and it's not in the same classification of drugs that klonipin or xanax is and those are addictive.

I've dealt with depression for almost 25 years and I've dealt with the anxiety for over 5. It can be dealt with and I am here to say that I've seen a HUGE improvement in both of my problems through the right medication, a good doctor and some helpful therapy along the way.

The best advice I can give is to not give up, if at first you dont' succeed with a medication. I have taken Prozac, Effexor, Paxil, Zoloft, Remoran, and a couple others that I can't remember and it took me going through ALL of those to find the one that worked the best for me. But I have a good friend that can't take what I take and does well on Remoran. Remoran put me to sleep for about 24 hours straight. So much so that my husband got scared and called the doctor to say he was having trouble waking me up. So they all do work differently.

And the other thing I can say is that whether you take an anti-depressant or an anti-anxiety drug, just think of it this way and don't think of it as a "long term" drug. If you had diabetes, you'd take insulin. If you had hypothyroid, you'd take synthryoid for it. Well this is NO different. It's a chemcial imbalance just as much as diabetes and thyroid problems are. The medication helps balance things out just like insulin and synthryoid do. Just because it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, makes people think that it's different. It's not. It's still a part of the body that is not producing what it should and therefore needs help. Just my 2 cents worth (Well maybe more than 2 cents as I paid a therapist big bucks over the years to figure this one out. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3183088;
    Nothing for Labor Day.. woo hoo.. It's Harley Davidsons 105th here in Milwaukee and Brady & Farwell where I am is crazy... I took a few pictures one is the tattoo shop on the ground floor of the building I live in, the other is 3 shots of brady St. my ears hurt.
    Gabriel, I'm sorry your ears hurt, but it looks SO cool and how cool is it you have a tattoo parlor where you live. I'd just hang out and watch what goes in and out of there.

I have to work Sat., and no plans for the rest of the weekend. I need to work on some research so I think I'll just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3183132;
    Gabriel, I'm sorry your ears hurt, but it looks SO cool and how cool is it you have a tattoo parlor where you live. I'd just hang out and watch what goes in and out of there.

I have to work Sat., and no plans for the rest of the weekend. I need to work on some research so I think I'll just do that.
    Well I am good friends with the owners and I do sit outside sometimes and people watch.....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

How is someone expected to live on $7.15 an hour?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3183094;
    Oh my! - After going outside and taking those pictures and coming back in and brushing joey, listening to the muffled noise with the windows closed and the air running for some reason I just thought of the last time there was a lot going on for the 95th anniversary 10 years ago and dear Mona was parked at the windows constantly watching the people and motorcycles go by. I had a sudden moment of extreme sadness and tears, then a smile. I still miss that girl.
    Of course you do. Now just think of "the Look" and smile...I know I always do!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3183067;
    Does anyone have something exciting going on for Labor Day weekend? We're not doing anything. Hooray! I thought maybe we'd go to the movies but there doesn't seem to be anything out that I feel like I must watch. So we're planning on spending the weekend relaxing and soaking up the summer sun. Hurricane Gustaf is all over the news but in my expert (haha) meteorological opinion, it's going to hit way east of us.
    Nope, not me! I get to work all weekend and on Monday. Atleast I get to open at 8 am on monday instead of 5 am like the station usually does.

I need to go shopping anyways. I applied as a paraeducation in an ESL classroom. I was their #1 choice of those they interviewed, but the school district has a policy that if somebody in district wants the position, they have first grabs. So I didn't get that spot. But the Pricipal and Vice Principal told my mom (She talked to them an all district meeting before school starts [mom works in the middle school]) that if I applied for a position that was still opened, it's mine. They still have to accept other applicants, but I also put my name is as a para sub, so they called and asked if I could sub in a para spot untill the position is filled (hopefully by me!).

Edit: Oh yeah, Gabriel, I know about the noises Harleys make! I work down the road (2 shops) down from the main Harley store/repair shop in Seattle. It's the place where they all meet to go on their rides, so I constantly get to hear the loud noises the make going by in large groups
    Last edited by SuperBrat; 08-30-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

We have a bday party to go to tomorrow night.

Then on Sunday we are heading up to the lake and staying over. On Sunday night of Labor Day weekend every summer, people do this thing called the Ring of Fire. People gather driftwood and branches, etc., and build bonfires on their beaches. Then everyone lights them and hangs out on the beach for one final time of the summer. It is pretty neat to go out in the boat and see just how many people do this.

My son's bday is on Wednesday so we will celebrate up at the lake on Monday since everyone will be around.

MRD

MamaC that sounds so cool. I bet it's beautiful.

Gabriel, I'd people watch a lot. I love to go to our downtown just to people and dog watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3183215;
    How is someone expected to live on $7.15 an hour?
    I can't understand that either. By my calculations people even have ahard time living on $10.00 per hour but it would be a more "livable" starting wage for anything.

+ Reply to Thread