+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5927Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3179486;
    I remember when my ex got me a mountain bike for my birthday. I had an infant and 2 others under the age of 5 at home. He sure enjoyed it, though.
    And that is one of the many reasons that he is your ex right Gut?
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I got a huge food processor from my husband at the time, and after our divorce, he took it (I only had 3 kids to process food for). I thought, good riddance!

I always say anything that is given to me and taken, I can just buy again if I really want it. I never argue over material things.... my husband ended up giving me back the couches he had fought so hard to move out with him about a year later!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3179259;
    With my son no longer being available to do my floors and Prhoshay, not being in denial about exactly whom she is, I know I'm not going to get on my hands and knees and do them myself. Not in this lifetime, anyway! I don't mean to sound prissy, but it's just not going to happen!
    Suggest a gift certificate for a housecleaning/maid service!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I must tell you the Ella Frank story and then later, I will tell you the story of my trip yesterday for the museum. It is it's own story, but I dont' think you guys can handle two at the same time.

At the museum, we have many varied programs going on, we also rent the museum for events, so we keep a printed calender going through the end of December and we have one on the computer that is updated regularly with all the events, rentals, etc. We get a lot of phone calls about our scheduled events and we even get the occasional phone call from people that are invited guests to the private events when the museum is rented out, so the calender is a very important reference to us as it list all events by name and the rented events by name and contact person.

I get a phone call last week from a woman asking about the "Ella Frank thing".

I am not familiar with everyone that speaks or lectures or comes in for special programming, so I look at the calender. No one by the name of Ella Frank is on it.

The woman asks me if it is music or what. I am frantically searching through the printed and computer calender while she is speaking and I can't find anything, so I tell her that I am not familiar with that one and I'm looking it up and meanwhile tell her that we have a variety of programs that include movies, lectures, music, storytelling, etc.

So she says: "well it was in the Journal today". I am still trying to find out what it is and she is getting frustrated with me. I am at a complete loss and start asking her what the ad said: "it said save the date" (Big help that was)

OK,

"what is the date?"

She says: "Well I can't believe you'd print an ad and then not know what it's about" (I'm secretly agreeing with her thinking that they need to give a copy of the ad to everyone so we know how to answer phone calls)
    She also adds "Its Ella Frank and Peggy"

I'm thinking "Peggy?"

Can't find a Peggy anywhere either.

She FINALLY gives me the date and it's the musuem fundraising gala which I ONLY know is a 50's supper club theme. We are not taking reservations, selling tickets, etc. I only know the date and the time. I don't how much tickets are or anything else about it at this point.

So I tell her that that is the night of the Museum fundraiser and tell her what little bit I know about it and promise to call her back with the information when I find it.

I grab the Journal which is sitting on the desk and frantically start flipping through it until I find the ad which says:

"Come spend an evening with Bing, Ella, Frank and Peggy on ____________"

Let me tell you I felt like a complete idiot, but it was a good laugh. It was NOT a person named Ella Frank. It was the music of Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee.

Of course the woman was not being real clear, but had I known about the ad, I MIGHT have figured out that Ella Frank was not a guest speaker at one of our events.

So now all of my co-workers are enjoying teasing me about "the Ella Frank thing we're having".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

oooh, I know how you feel mrd. I hate when people call at work and I have no clue what they want. And they can get so snippy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Get snippy with me and you will get put on hold for us to see just how long you can wait while I, leisurely, try to find the information. I've been amazed at how long people will hold!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

The endless hold button. I like it as well. And I also can employee my sugary sweet voice and usually get them with that. If that doesn't work, then they get the hold button.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My finger has been known to accidentally press the wrong button and disconnect the rude customer. Oops!

The hold button is an amazing device! I'm usually just so impatient to get them off the phone entirely, that I never think of using the hold button. I have to learn to use all the "tools" at my disposal.

+ Reply to Thread