+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3178847;
    Mr Honeybump?? Ok it's a cute enough name but if we're talking gifts, I urge you to set your sights a little higher than a mop.
    I agree! When Mr. Doxie and I were first dating, he bought me a Dustbuster for my birthday! Fortunately (for him) he mentioned this gift to one of his co-workers who has known me for a long time. The co-worker encouraged him to return the Dustbuster and advised him on an alternative gift Since then, he has joked about never buying me anything that "plugs in" and he's stuck to it except for when he bought my (and Henry's) beloved electric blanket!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I had a friend that got a pressure washer for Mother's Day one year and another one that got an ironing board. The next Mother's day they got REALLY GOOD gifts, in an effort to make up for those!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3178207;
    If I take the plunge with the H2O mop, I'm going to Bed, Bath, and Beyond where, hopefully, I can use the 20% off coupon. I'm hoping "Mr. Honeybump" is feeling like indulging me soon! I've still want to study up on them a little, though.

Let us know what you decide!!! I have seen the H20 mop, but it doesn't appear as sturdy as one I researched (and can find only on QVC - I am not a QVC person). It has really good consumer ratings - just hesitant on dropping $$ on it. I was burned on the last $100 floor cleaner I bought (Flip-It).

Steam Cleaners, mops and sanitizers - HAAN Corporation Does anyone have one of these or know someone who does??

EDITED to add link to customer reviews from QVC -- lots of interesting feedback!

Haan Steam Floor Cleaner - Vacuums - Compare Prices, Read Product Reviews, and Buy - Shopping.com
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 08-27-2008 at 11:22 AM.

I love new gadgets but my floor is so small that buying a mop is a waste of money. I can easily clean it on my hands and knees if I need to. Of course Mr buglover is the cleaning man when it comes to things like the floors, etc because of my bad back and arms.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3178847;
    Mr Honeybump?? Ok it's a cute enough name but if we're talking gifts, I urge you to set your sights a little higher than a mop.
    I am the woman who prefers gifts that she selects herself...I don't care for leaving gift buying to somebody else's idea of what THEY think I would like. Besides, I'm not looking to go too high end for fear that he will think that I'm obligated to keep him around.....uh, "no thank you" at this time. And unless he plans on getting in there and cleaning all my tile floors himself, he'd better find a way to keep me unstressed! He knows I love gadgets. Besides, we went to a spa weekend at this fancy-schmancy hotel for couples massages, pedicures, etc. and that set him back over $600!! I was very flattered, but that is what I call getting into dangerous territory! I'm not wild about men buying me expensive things. It could get ugly, at some point!

With my son no longer being available to do my floors and Prhoshay, not being in denial about exactly whom she is, I know I'm not going to get on my hands and knees and do them myself. Not in this lifetime, anyway! I don't mean to sound prissy, but it's just not going to happen!

I'm pretty much a simple girl, but don't go buying me things that I have never expressed any interest in!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amen shay! Gifts that you never wanted in the first place are a nice thought, but what are you going to do with them? I tell mr buglover now that I will leave him hints all over the house as to things I want for gifts for birthdays or holidays. They are almost always practical gifts like new silverware for the house or a new hairdryer, etc.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I tell mr buglover now that I will leave him hints all over the house as to things I want for gifts for birthdays or holidays.
    Maybe that's what Gustav is doing when he sheds all over the house--maybe he's telling me he wants a day at a salon.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3179276;
    Maybe that's what Gustav is doing when he sheds all over the house--maybe he's telling me he wants a day at a salon.
    I think that way too when Princess leaves her nail husks all over the place. She's telling me, please take me to be pampered or I will stick this in your foot when you aren't looking!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to get a kick out of taking my Gail to the groomers for a day of pampering. She was gorgeous when I picked her up....and it cost more to get her "hair" done that it did mine!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I remember when my ex got me a mountain bike for my birthday. I had an infant and 2 others under the age of 5 at home. He sure enjoyed it, though.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread