Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My standard response to my daughter asking a question like that was:

"I'm waterskiing. What does it LOOK like I'm doing?"

One day she asked me "what does waterskiing look like anyway?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3174892;
    Hmm, now I have a few Christmas ideas for Gabriel.

Don't EVEN think about it.. Do something with your HUBBY and tell me what you did.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3175312;
    Don't EVEN think about it.. Do something with your HUBBY and tell me what you did.
    I was going to send the Blue Collar guys over to give you and Joey a live show!

Well, it wouldn't have exactly been them, but people that are just like them. I can get some good old boys to come entertain for a case of beer. Of course they'd have to drink the beer first in order to perform.

Hey Gabriel, they had life size cast figures at the flea market yesterday. The Blues Brothers, Marilyn Monroe and the ones that made me think of you:

Frank, Sammy and Dean.

Remind me to tell you all my "Ella Frank" story.
    I've got to go to work and dont' have time right now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm curious to know what those cast figures were selling for.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3175312;
    That's rather personal, isn't it??
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3175457;
    That's rather personal, isn't it??
    Oh Newfherder... you are too much. Thanks for the Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3174277;
    My husband got it up and running and I programmed exactly 5 numbers in that I will need."
    MRD, since it seems that one can stash a lot of phone numbers in the cell phone's phone book, I put in all the numbers of places that I travel to....doctors, dentists, dog groomers, school, my kids' friend's homes and cell numbers, etc......that way if I am in the car and running late, I can always call them to let them know I am on the way. I have been caught in traffic quite a few times, due to road work, accidents, etc., and even though I planned on arriving on time, it just wasn't going to happen. Glad I had the number in the cellie, so I could make that call.

Added to this is that I also put in the fax number of some of these docs in the directory as well. There have been several times where one doc has to fax stuff over to another doc and asks for the fax number. I have it right on the cellie, so that is very convenient.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3175362;
    I'm curious to know what those cast figures were selling for.
    I looked and I never saw a price. That particular "booth" was not manned when we were there. Well not manned by live humans and Sammy and Dean were not talking!

MamaC, that is a great idea and I never would have thought about it until I was in need of one and didn't have it. Thank you.

Amy Lee, you crack me up. As does Newf.

There are several of you that need your own comedy tour.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to wish that I'd carried a telephone book in my car before I got my cell. In addition to MamaC's great suggestions, I also have my favoritely frequented grocery stores, drug stores, Sam's Clubs, my favorite health food store, my son's close friends, my stylist,......the list goes on and on. If I'm on my way out to someplace I've never been before, I stick their number in my phone, just in case I need it or get lost. I really hate the stupid things, but they are really handy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Does anyone know where you can buy hangers suitable for baby and toddler clothes? I want to put some in with a baby present. I went to Target but they only seem to carry the large ones for adult clothes. Thanks!

ETA: I's a good idea to program in a ICE #. That stands for "In Case of Emergency," and in case you've involved in an accident, the paramedics/police can look at your contact list and hit the "ICE" # to contact your husband, parents or whosever number you have in there. I have my husband's cell phone as my ICE, 'cause I know he may not be in his office but he carries his cell phone with him all the time.

Also, I program in phone numbers for restaurants where I get carry out orders in my cell phone. Just in case I don't feel like cooking that evening.

When my nephew went off to college, I got him a cell phone and preprogrammed in all the family phone numbers--for emergencies...and so he would have them handy in case he wanted to call any of us. Not that he does...but...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-25-2008 at 04:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread