+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6245Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3173790;
    or Tater Tot! I was drunk in *points* there, they threw me in PUBLIK!
    "I don't want to be drunk in PUBLIK, I want to be drunk in the BAR!!!"

And my every favorite quote of his of ALL time because I have been there, done that is: "I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3173760;
    You know, I was thinking that as I posted it. I LOVE Ron White.

Well I have moved into the 21st century and broken down and gotten a cell phone. It was inevitable I guess. I got a pay as you go phone and the phone itself was $12.88 and the minute card I got was $20.00. So far only one person has the phone number.
    When my child gets home, she will get it too. But I plan to limit the number of people that have it to under 5 if I can. It's for MY convenience and my husband and daughter's, it's NOT for idle chatting.
    My husband asked if I planned to ever turn this one on as the last time I had a cell phone (over 2 years ago), I never turned it on unless I needed to make a call, so he could never get me. So I guess I'll have to have it on at times, but as it will be extremely limited to who has the number, then it won't be so bad.

And quite honestly I'm not real excited about having one except for the peace of mind in case of emergency.
    Speaking of cell phones -- will someone please KICK ME? In January I cancelled my AT&T wireless and bought ($410.00) 3 Jitterbug phones 1 for me 1 for each of my parents, no contract, 10.00 per month plus .35 cents a minute per phone plus taxes thinking HEEEYYYY I'll save money.

Nothing but crap for service, takes forever to connect calls, battery only lasts about a day. I just signed up with verizon for a 700 minute 3 line package 2 year contract for about 85.00 a month after taxes about 35.00 more per month than I was paying, but no concerns about batteries, long connect times etc.... i should have stayed with AT&T.... oh well. Cheaper is not always better.

Gabriel I am glad you posted that about the Jitterbug phones. I've heard about them but your the first person I know who's used it.

If my kids were named after where they were concieved my oldest son would be Flagstaff or Motor Inn. My twins would be Living Room and Floor. LOL

"I want to be drunk in a bar but they threw me into public. Arrest them."
    One of my favorite Ron White quotes is, "Diamonds. That'll shut her up."
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3173855;
    Gabriel I am glad you posted that about the Jitterbug phones. I've heard about them but your the first person I know who's used it.

If my kids were named after where they were concieved my oldest son would be Flagstaff or Motor Inn. My twins would be Living Room and Floor. LOL

"I want to be drunk in a bar but they threw me into public. Arrest them."
    One of my favorite Ron White quotes is, "Diamonds. That'll shut her up."
    . Diet coke through my nose after reading your post.

OK, I am the biggest techno loser of all time. This cheapy phone I got, has more stuff on it than the original Apollo Moon Rockets.
    And I can't even begin to figure out most of it. Besides that, the screen is too small. I am one of those that doesn't think smaller is better. I need to be able to READ the screen and even with my glasses, I'm still squinting at it. ARGH!

Gabriel, too bad the Jitterbug didn't work out for you. I was thinking that the phone with the big screen and numbers and not a lot of features would be what I need.

I just want to make an occasional phone call and receive one. I don't want to be able to link up the orbiting satellites and spy on other countries by cell phone, which apparantly is one of the features on this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3173138;
    ...I am drawing the line at allowing her to ask for help in everything...
    Good for you! After all, they are divorced. I can see his responsibility to his daughters, but certainly NOT for his EX-wife! I totally don't get these women who have the attitude of "I don't want to be married to you anymore, but I want to be able to call on you whenever the mood strikes and have you cater to my every whim. Oh, by the way, don't bother to consult your current wife about any of this. "
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3173864;
    :
    And I can't even begin to figure out most of it. Besides that, the screen is too small. I am one of those that doesn't think smaller is better. I need to be able to READ the screen and even with my glasses, I'm still squinting at it. ARGH!
    Get someone who can see to increase the font size. I had to do that too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

You can do that? I need help as I still don't have service. Or something. I can't use it anyway. I have been trying to read the instructions (also printed in the smallest font possible) and I am ready to throw them across the room. I need to "program it", but in order to "program it" I need a text from Virgin Mobile that I haven't gotten. I got my phone registered with them, got the number, did everything they told me to do, but still no service yet. OK, I've gone from "don't have a cell phone, don't want a cell phone, don't want to use MY cell phone to GIVE ME SERVICE AND GIVE IT TO ME NOW DAMMIT!!!!!"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

we've had our cell phones for almost 7 years now, originally in case of emergency, but now they're our primary phone. between my daughter and i, we use less than 400 minutes a month on average, thankfully. i rarely talk on the phone so most of those are her minutes.

two times in the past few months, i've been sooooo thankful for our cell phones as we had emergencies where my daughter was stranded in a strange city late at night. if it wasn't for her phone, i shudder to think what might have happened to her because pay phones aren't easy to come by these days.

MRD - That sucks about your phone! I have had my cell phone since 1995 with ATT who started out as Pac Bell and then Cingular. They change names almost as much as our ball parks here in SF. Anyway, what makes me so angry about cell phone companies is that all the promotions and great deals are only for new customers. It doesn't matter that you've been with them for a long time, they only want new customers, there are never incentives for customers to remain with them. They should be happy that their customers remain loyal, they could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3174073;
    You can do that? I need help as I still don't have service. Or something. I can't use it anyway. I have been trying to read the instructions (also printed in the smallest font possible) and I am ready to throw them across the room. I need to "program it", but in order to "program it" I need a text from Virgin Mobile that I haven't gotten. I got my phone registered with them, got the number, did everything they told me to do, but still no service yet. OK, I've gone from "don't have a cell phone, don't want a cell phone, don't want to use MY cell phone to GIVE ME SERVICE AND GIVE IT TO ME NOW DAMMIT!!!!!"
    Can't your daughter do it for you? She's a teenager, she should have it up and running in two seconds flat.

+ Reply to Thread