+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Thanks for that Newf. I needed that laugh as I head out to work.

BTW, I wear Vasque. (Red Wings hiking boots)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Newf and Uncle, I've got a manly/womanly question for you both. What sort of feet do you have? High or low arches, narrow or wide, etc? I ask because I'm the footwear researcher for Mr. Rattus (I got him onto Asics, his running shoe of choice), and since you both wear these Red Wings things, which I've never heard of, I assume they're good and was wondering if they would be suitable for Mr. Rattus. And sorry for interjecting estrogen into your conversation .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Newf and Uncle, I've got a manly/womanly question for you both. What sort of feet do you have? High or low arches, narrow or wide, etc? I ask because I'm the footwear researcher for Mr. Rattus (I got him onto Asics, his running shoe of choice), and since you both wear these Red Wings things, which I've never heard of, I assume they're good and was wondering if they would be suitable for Mr. Rattus. And sorry for interjecting estrogen into your conversation .
    I have MAN feet. Smelly. Dirty. Athlete's foot fungus that has its own mailbox. Nails that only get trimmed when I get careless with the lawn mower. Callouses that repel all but the sharpest thorns. *series of Tim Allen grunts*

Average width, size 8, absolutely no arch.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I have MAN feet. Smelly. Dirty. Athlete's foot fungus that has its own mailbox. Nails that only get trimmed when I get careless with the lawn mower. Callouses that repel all but the sharpest thorns. *series of Tim Allen grunts*
    Newf, a little too much testosterone there buddy.

Rattus: I have a normal width foot, but my feet a flat enough to required me to use orthotics. I've worn Vasque hiking boots for many years. Long before I wore orthotics. I love them. Great quality footware. And as Newf mentioned, their work boot, manufactured under the name Red Wing, are as good as you can get. You pay more for both brands, but they are great for the feet.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thanks for the info, guys. They sound like they may not be the right footwear for Mr. Rattus (very narrow feet, extremely high arches, pretty enough to illustrate a fairy tale if it weren't for the hairy toes), but I think I'll have him check them out anyway. He's had issues with his work and his hiking boots over the years so I've been keeping an eye out for recommendations regarding both.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Red Wings come in a variety of widths, and my ex, who has smaller feet and fairly high arches, was able to find a pair of work boots that she liked. She also likes their hiking boots. Or, to get to the point, they are still worth checking out. They sell through their own stores, and have a store locator on their home page http://www.redwingshoe.com/
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    If you go anywhere to the west of Denver you'll be up in higher elevation and I'm sure you'll see leaves changing color.

My recommended tourist drive is that you go up I-25 to Highway 14 (west) and follow that up the Cache La Poudre River.

It's Tour Number 4 on the following page:

http://www.ftcollins.org/scenicdrivingtours.htm

Trust me, you'll see beautiful sights on that drive, and it's a quick left off I-25 so you'll have easy access to it.

Think of me when you're driving on that road, 'cause when I lived out there I road my bike up and down that Poudre Canyon all the time, for more than ten years.

You are so correct Pomeraniac, Fort Collins has so many wonderful places to enjoy. My daughter graduated from Colorado State there and spent every spare moment on her mountain bike exploring the beatiful area. At the time I was a little worried that she enjoyed mountain biking a little too much, but she made it through just fine with not only a great education but those years filled with wonderful memories.......

Speaking of fall, I would love to see the Colorado State campus with its abundance of trees in the fall...sure it would be spectacular..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

you all need to come up here to CAnada if you want to see some truly spectacular fall colour! Actually the MI UP has a load of colour too!

I love fall, I get to pull out my soft cotton sweaters, I love the crisp scent in the air, but mostly I love that I am not sweating like a long distance runner at all times.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD
    Redwings all the way! Expensive, but they hold together pretty well when I'm out doing manly things. Plus the smell of the leather reminds me of a Yankee Candle, Pony in the Mist.

OMG!! I've become one of them!

I am literally laughing so hard I had to get up and bend over to laugh.

Hey, my husband wears redwings, I can talk about those too. Either of you shoot pool, watch football or boxing? do you hunt or shoot? I don't hunt, but I do go target shooting. And canoeing. I can switch equally between both the estrogen topics and the testosterone ones.

I can operate in both worlds because I am married to a combination of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor and Rambo. In fact his friends call him Irvbo.

Oh by the way, he hates the candle topic too.

Newf, you and Uncle DAvid together should be a comedy team!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have MAN feet. Smelly. Dirty.
    This has got to be the funniest thing i've read today.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread