+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4523Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Buglover - you handled it better than I would have.... I have a tendency to spout off first, then think about it later. It seems as though it was his not asking you that was the bigger problem, no? Or is it the childcare in your home that is the issue?

MRD

Gut,
    How's your daughter in Florida? I have a friend that lives in the next town over from your daughter and she says they've gotten a lot of rain, but not the flooding. She also said that her kids started school Mon., then have been home for 3 days and it's been a nightmare as they are all cooped up inside.

I'm sure she hasn't been flying, but just hope she has been safe.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We haven't heard from her for a couple of days, but we know the planes are grounded and she mentioned it was like having a snow day.
    Count your blessings!

Just for the heck of it, since it came up in the Celebrity topic.

If your children were named for where they were conceived - what would their names be?

My son would be Walden or Concord, as we were visiting the area of Walden's pond.

My daugher would be Treasure - as we were in Treasure Island, FL on vacation.

And those actually would not be bad names.

"Home"?? He was conceived at home... not much to work with there... Or maybe "Oops" or "Speedy" as he was conceived the very first try?
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 08-22-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3172483;
    Buglover, how old is the little boy? I think it's amazing that you're willing to admit that you are preturbed because it's the ex in the situation. But I agree with dagwood that it would be better to just let things pass for a week. I think that if you welcome the little boy it will do wonders with your relationship with your step-daughters. That is their brother, remember. So if you're mean to him (or just neglectful) they will not like you for it. If the boy is not over 12 I can't imagine that the cost for feeding him dinner is very much. Stay strong, girl. Karma might just reward you.
    Oh I would never be mean to anyone, it's not in my nature unless they are mean to me. I've just discovered that the husband signed the papers for the house that they are to move into next week and is moving back up north. They are getting a divorce. This brings on a whole new set of conversations between mr buglover and I. He feels the urge to fix everything for people and I can understand that, it's his nature....but.......this woman is a grown woman and needs to deal with the decisions she makes in life. I understand she's the mother of his girls and he will help her if it makes life easier for his girls...........but........I am drawing the line at allowing her to ask for help in everything. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens, I won't get too stressed out. Once they move into their house and settle in, she's on her own period.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Sticky situation, Buglover. My heart goes out to you - you are absolutely right in drawing that line, and yet I can see where it could cause friction between you and mr. buglover. Chin up and good luck!!

Thanks Margaritaville. I'm holding my head high.......I'm a good woman and I deserve some respect in my home. I don't like to argue so I'm not going to pick any fights, I will wait and see what happens in a few weeks. It's a transition and we all have to go through it right now so I'll keep on keepin on for now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

buglover, you are just awesome! I don't know that I could be patient in that case. Maybe that's why I don't date-I'm tooooo selfish!

I'm incredibly selfish famita. I just know that being upset and mad all the time isn't going to make it better. Mom always said life is sweeter with honey than hot sauce. Kill them with kindess...... and it usually goes exactly the way you want it to.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread