+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We started getting some rain, but nowhere what we need. I sure was hoping that Fay would head up this way and dump some rain on GA and SC.
    June was dry as a bone and while we've gotten rain, we're still hurting. Not as badly as GA.

Those bigfoot guys are idiots, but I had to about them asking on tv and radio for the sherriff's deputy to turn in his badge and gun. I'm sorry, but that is just funny to me.

Thanks all for the help. I've found a website that sells them. Cool Collar. It looks like a woman that makes them at home. I was hoping to get him one today.
    Do you think sporting goods stores might sell something like that? Any idea what they might be called? I hate to call a store and go into a rambling description of what I'm looking for. I hate when people do that to me.

He's really miserable in this heat and I worry about him. He tells me he's drinking lots of water and I'm sure he is. But he was really suffering yesterday and today is going to be more of the same heatwise.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3170187;

Thanks all for the help. I've found a website that sells them. Cool Collar. It looks like a woman that makes them at home. I was hoping to get him one today.
    Do you think sporting goods stores might sell something like that? Any idea what they might be called? I hate to call a store and go into a rambling description of what I'm looking for. I hate when people do that to me.

He's really miserable in this heat and I worry about him. He tells me he's drinking lots of water and I'm sure he is. But he was really suffering yesterday and today is going to be more of the same heatwise.
    Looks like they sell these at industrial Safety Supply places. Also, found them for dogs so Pet Supply stores may have them too. Cooling Bandanas or Cooling Collars. Saw a brand name of Heatmax and Miracool for a few of them. Good luck!

Tie one on! Millions sold!! To experience the #1 Cooling Bandana, simply hydrate in cool water for just a few minutes, then wear around neck. To maximize cooling effect, keep Cooling Crystals within each Bandana well hydrated or shake occasionally to stimulate evaporation. The MiraCool bandana is simple, economical, effective and reusable thousands of times. Available in four 100% cotton colors.

* Soak MiraCool in Cold Water for 10-20 Minutes
    * Stays Hydrated for Several Days
    * Reusable Thousands of Times
    * Works Without Freezing or Ice
    * Increases Alertness & Productivity
    Last edited by PGM35; 08-20-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added info

I'm in coastal GA so we're expected to get periodic bouts of rain today through Friday from the feeder bands of Fay. We already had a short downpour this morning. Not so much in wind though. Unless Fay does something crazy.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Ok, I think I handled this the wrong way. Mr buglover has informed me that the oldest girl will be watching her little brother (from mom's new marriage) at our house daily. I sort of got preturbed (sp?). It's not that big of a deal but the thing is I wasn't talked with about it and I am not very fond of the ex-wife. Now I have to put my dinner on hold nightly for the next week until she decides to arrive to pick up her son. I don't have enough money to buy food for everyone including him (I'm the only one working right now)........ I basically said to him if you're going to make decisions without me then I will do the same. That wasn't the right way to handle it but I am bit p'd off right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3171794;
    Ok, I think I handled this the wrong way. Mr buglover has informed me that the oldest girl will be watching her little brother (from mom's new marriage) at our house daily. I sort of got preturbed (sp?). It's not that big of a deal but the thing is I wasn't talked with about it and I am not very fond of the ex-wife. Now I have to put my dinner on hold nightly for the next week until she decides to arrive to pick up her son. I don't have enough money to buy food for everyone including him (I'm the only one working right now)........ I basically said to him if you're going to make decisions without me then I will do the same. That wasn't the right way to handle it but I am bit p'd off right now.
    You actually handled it better than I would have. Since it's your house too, you have a say in decisions like this. Why can't the daughter watch her brother at the mom's house? If it's a matter of her not having a car, if it's only for a week why can't she just spend the night at her mom's while she's watching him? Seems like a lot of liberties being taken without your consultation. Even if you were to say no problem, it's the being asked part that shows respect and consideration. And you weren't given that. Is there a reason your husband isn't working right now? Is it medical related or just a bad job market? Is there anything he can do even part-time to help make ends meet since he has both his children and you have your son and I know it must be stressful for all of you.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The mom doesn't have a house until next week. They've been living in a hotel room. I understand that it's temporary and all that it's just weird that he will go with her wishes over finding out if I'm ok with it all. It has been very stressful and I have to keep in mind that it's only for a short time, etc. but it still is a complete disruption of my life and now I have to start all over again with routines and all of that.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I'd be upset if my husband made a decision like that without consulting me.

Best of luck with a difficult situation. Tell the ex-wife she has to pay a food fee so you can feed him too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3171794;

I can see why your mad. Is it only for a week? If so, I think I would just let it slide. Look at it like she is taking care of her brother, not helping the ex.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The mom doesn't have a house until next week. They've been living in a hotel room.
    And this has what to do with you? This wasn't a decision that he was to make on his own. But i'm more extreme, my next question would've been, "Do you want to live in one too?"
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Buglover, how old is the little boy? I think it's amazing that you're willing to admit that you are preturbed because it's the ex in the situation. But I agree with dagwood that it would be better to just let things pass for a week. I think that if you welcome the little boy it will do wonders with your relationship with your step-daughters. That is their brother, remember. So if you're mean to him (or just neglectful) they will not like you for it. If the boy is not over 12 I can't imagine that the cost for feeding him dinner is very much. Stay strong, girl. Karma might just reward you.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread