+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

And now I'm going to wonder how the rat got there. Did it crawl there, was it placed there, was it someone's pet?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3169509;
    And now I'm going to wonder how the rat got there. Did it crawl there, was it placed there, was it someone's pet?
    The place was just so wrong in so many ways, and the rat was one giant wild rodent that came in and died for we know not what reason. Again, *shudder*.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ewww...
    For you Bigfoot watchers, the 'autopsy' never happened. The Bigfoot researchers thawed the 'creature' and found out it's just a rubber ape suit. I thought that anyway, as the picture I saw looked entirely too much like Zira from planet Of The Apes. (The good one, with Charlton Heston ) My Bigfoot-believing friends didn't want to hear my opinion though.
    I shudder to think where they might have gotten the "tissue sample". What, you scratched up some roadkill and mixed in a drop of your own blood? Yuck. I guess Bubba and Bubba were not up on their biology enough to realize it would come back as anything other than "unknown", or 'non human".
    It's not like North GA is no longerall that un-developed as they would like to present anyway.

MRD, the weather report busted my bubble--we are not going to get any rain afterall, and I'm pretty sure you won't either. I've got to go to HD and get a new hose for my veggies, as I ran over the other with the lawn mower, but didn't replace it as they had forecast the rain.

Rattus, when I bought this house and went to check it out myself, I found a small dog skeleton under the house. Poor puppy--I hope it was dead when it was put under there, but I can't imagine the smell. Then again, the house had been rented by drunks for several years, sio I doubt they cared.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3168814;
    We had a baby trapped in our house when I was a kid. My mom was trying to shoo it out with a broom and it just hissed like it was going to eat her!
    That didn't work when my Mom tried it on me either...

Sorry, I saw that post out of context, and you all know my mind works in strange ways.
    Last edited by queenb; 08-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3169766;
    That didn't work when my Mom tried it on me either...

Sorry, I saw that post out of context, and you all know my mind works in strange ways.
    My mind saw the same thing .

They had to thaw the Bigfoot? I missed where they found it - where was it frozen?

And I am having a hard timing believing that there are places that aren't getting rain. Here in Ontario we broke a record for rainfall this summer, and a record for snow this past winter. Our lakes are about as high as they can go, but no flooding fortunately. You would think that it would be an excellent year for the veggie gardens, but it hasn't been that hot, which I have personally loved, but the tomatoes and hot peppers aren't ripening fast enough, and those that are turning aren't particularly flavourfull.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3169147;
    These flies that I was killing were not small or young, by any means. They were the big nasty adults.
    This is probably way after-the-fact in the conversation, but that's what happens at our cabin, too. Nothing small or babyish about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3169802;
    My mind saw the same thing .

They had to thaw the Bigfoot? I missed where they found it - where was it frozen?.
    Supposedly these two guys found it beside a strem, and took it and put it in a chest freezer. Believe me, NOWHERE in North Georgia is cold enough to freeze anything that big solid, and certainly not in August! So far as that goes, in our heat and with coyotes, possums, coons, wild dogs, and, yuck, clouds of flies around I doubt that a body could lay out there very long and still be in one piece anyway.
    Another note about htis--the police officer who was one of the "finders' is missing, and the Clayton County Police Department (or Sherriff's office?) keeps coming on the TV and radio saying he needs to come in and turn in his badge and gun immediately, as his credibility is shot, so he is fired. Also the Bigfoot group in California that advanced this guy a bunch of money wants it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3169802;
    You would think that it would be an excellent year for the veggie gardens, but it hasn't been that hot, which I have personally loved, but the tomatoes and hot peppers aren't ripening fast enough, and those that are turning aren't particularly flavourfull.
    Too much water--it makes the veggies get too big with water while not developing any sugars or acid due to the lack of sun.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I have a question. Last night I was at a meeting and they were discussing sending boxes to soldiers in Iraq and one lady suggested they send something she calls "collar coolers. She and her husband do Civil War re-enacting and they wear them as the wool and clothing they have to wear gets really hot. It's a gel pack in a strip, they put it in the cooler and then wrap it around their necks. She says that a lot of the soilders have been asking for them as it's so hot over there.
    My husband has been having to work outside and its been hot and he's suffering and I thought I would get him one. But of COURSE no one knows what they are called.

So if any of you know what I'm talking about, or know what it's called or where I can find one, I would be most appreciative. He had to keep taking breaks yesterday and hosing off his head due to the heat. There is no shade where he's currently working.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My SIL has one of those. If nobody finds it for you, I'll e-mail her and ask. I tried it one summer and it does work well.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3170169;
    I have a question. Last night I was at a meeting and they were discussing sending boxes to soldiers in Iraq and one lady suggested they send something she calls "collar coolers. She and her husband do Civil War re-enacting and they wear them as the wool and clothing they have to wear gets really hot. It's a gel pack in a strip, they put it in the cooler and then wrap it around their necks. She says that a lot of the soilders have been asking for them as it's so hot over there.
    My husband has been having to work outside and its been hot and he's suffering and I thought I would get him one. But of COURSE no one knows what they are called.

So if any of you know what I'm talking about, or know what it's called or where I can find one, I would be most appreciative. He had to keep taking breaks yesterday and hosing off his head due to the heat. There is no shade where he's currently working.
    Pretty sure they have these at Academy. M used them a few summers ago when he worked construction. I might even have them still.

As for the rain question, it's just as well I fractured my leg during planting season and didn't get a garden in. It has rained over half of the days this summer and nobody has much - even the farmers' market is slim pickin's.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread