+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3166975;
    This isn't technically a recipe question- but it does involve food When you want to help keep colors from fading in the wash (like a new pair of black pants) do you add vinegar to the wash or salt? I can never remember which one
    Thanks
    I've always heard it's salt that helps prevent color loss when washing something dark and new. I'm not sure of the amount of salt, though.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Re: Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3167423;
    I've always heard it's salt that helps prevent color loss when washing something dark and new. I'm not sure of the amount of salt, though.
    Here you go.

HowStuffWorks "Uses for Salt: Guidelines for Doing the Laundry"

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks a bunch, Unk!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Good luck today Gut! I hope you make a decent amount of money and unload TONS!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Good luck Gut! I know you'll have an awesome day. I'd come by if I could for sure!

MRD

Good luck today Gut. I'd come and help you if I lived closer. I love yard sales. It is a large amount of work though, but you got rid of stuff and hopefully are making some money.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well, that was fun. I kept reminding myself that the main objective was to get rid of stuff, so I was practically giving stuff away. I still made about $150 and nothing came back in the house. Shoes, jackets, purses, blankets went to the Goodwill bin. One pile on the porch is for classroom prizes (toys) and one pile for the recycle center that has a free room. A friend came by to see if she could help and I told her to poke around in the barn and see if there was anything obvious I missed. She came out 15 min. later with a violin case I meant to put out, but she showed me that the (hairless) bow was still in the lid and she claims it's worth several hundred dollars and is going to take it in to see what she can get for it for me. What a pal. Aparently it is some kind of rare/extinct wood with mother of pearl inlay. I am frazzled, especially since a huge black cloud rushed toward us with thunder and lightning as I was closing down, so I was scurrying like mad. It missed us, but still. Anyway, I'm pleased. Thank you all for your advice. And burntbrat - here's a chuckle... a lady bought my unused preprinted stickers!!!
    Count your blessings!

It sounds like you had a very successful day Gut!

Has anyone been following the bigfoot story? My son told me he saw on CNN that a body had been found in Georgia. I looked on youtube and they have a Fox channel report about it with pictures. Hmmmmm. I thought a guy in California fessed up to starting the hoax.
    Count your blessings!

Gut - They reported on the DNA tests the other day. One sample was shown to be 96% opossum. Total hoax.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread