+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3166466;
    We are all notorious cereal box readers in this house. The three of us can be found at breakfast with a box in front of us while we eat. I love to read about food (recipes, restaurant reviews etc...) while I eat.
    Ha, I do that too. I wasn't going to post it, but now that you and Queenb have come clean, I will too. I will read just about anything and have at times found myself reading weird things because that was what was available.

The backs of cereal boxes are surprisingly interesting. I guess there's more of us out there and the cereal companies know it.

Queenb, my mom and grandmother used to read stuff like that to me too. I remember them reading me the original Peter Pan and The Wizard of Oz, the Borrowers when I was small. I still have all those books and read them to my daughter.
    I started out reading her the original Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit and the original versions of Winnie the Pooh (not the Disney versions) the day I brought her home from the hospital. We read to her every night from that day onward. I figured it was a good habit to start early. I know that as a newborn, she couldn't understand, but it established the habit of reading to her nightly that didn't end until she was about 8 and reading well on her own and decided she was too old to be read too.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-15-2008 at 07:05 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a friend who is getting her first kindergarten classroom, but with nothing in it yet, so I invited her to come over today and see if there was anything she wanted from my yard sale stuff. Well, she wanted a lot and only gave me $10 for now because they haven't discussed a budget with her. I had to put my foot down when stuff she wanted was obviously not for a classroom. I started quoting prices for those things. I guess I'll consider it donating to a good cause, but now I have a considerable chunk out of what I was going to sell. But it's GONE anyway, which was the whole point.
    Count your blessings!

You did the right thing Gut. If it were for the classroom then it's for a good cause but if the items are for personal use, they need to be paid for. I'm glad you have dwindled down the stuff even if you didn't make a lot of money for it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Re: Recipes

This isn't technically a recipe question- but it does involve food When you want to help keep colors from fading in the wash (like a new pair of black pants) do you add vinegar to the wash or salt? I can never remember which one
    Thanks

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Recipes

I don't know how this question ended up in the recipe thread, but I was wondering the exact same thing yesterday!!! Creepy!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok, I'm dragging myself off to bed early so I can get up early and set up for the yard sale (I'm talking 4 a.m.). So when I asked for advice nobody mentioned what a huge lot of work it is to get one of these together! I've worked non-stop the last two days dragging stuff down from the attic and barn and I'm pooped! Wish me luck tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

Good luck tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3167028;
    Ok, I'm dragging myself off to bed early so I can get up early and set up for the yard sale (I'm talking 4 a.m.). So when I asked for advice nobody mentioned what a huge lot of work it is to get one of these together! I've worked non-stop the last two days dragging stuff down from the attic and barn and I'm pooped! Wish me luck tomorrow.
    Wish I lived closer to you, I love me a good yard sale.

Good luck.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Good luck Gut!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3167028;
    . . . Wish me luck tomorrow.
    Best of luck tomorrow!
    P.S. If I lived near you, I'd go to your sale, buy some stuff, and buy whatever snacks you're doing (if you're doing them), too!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread