+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My favourite is the Yankee Candle Co. Cranberry Chutney. Well, actually it's the Crooked River Cranberry, but that's local and really hard to find. The cranberry is suitable autumnal and is great for clearing stale cooking odours. I used to use them all the time before we got a range exhaust because Mr. Rattus would do up a huge curry stir-fry in the wok every Sunday, and without the assistance of the cranberry candle, the kitchen would smell mighty funky for days afterward.

ETA: Just saw that Yankee candles are quite popular. I should always read the entire thread before I post.
    My favorite Yankee Candle scent is the baby powder scent. Love it!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD
    I am so bad about the names, but my favorite is Clean Cotton I think. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my mom would iron my dad's white dress shirts.

I also like buttercream or butter cookie and sunwashed linen.

And there is a dark blue one that is called midnight or storm or something and I like that one too.

And the ocean one.

butter cookie or whatever always makes my family think I've been baking and they always get so disappoined. LOL

Home interiors used to have a pumpkin candle that I got every fall and it was sooooooo good.

I can't burn any plain vanilla scents as smelling vanilla gives my daughter a headache. Can't use the yankee candle car air freshner in vanilla either because of that. The first time I ever got one of those, I did not read the directions (Imagine that) and took all the cellophane off. Man, we almost couldn't ride in the car the smell was so strong.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Do you all have Yankee Candles and Bath and Body Works in th same building, suite or whatever it is? In our biggest mall, they are two rooms which are connected and you can roam from one side to the other. Anyway, I was at B&B the other day and they have anew fragrance called Sensual Amber. It is very pleasant and I have never seen a fragrance last as long. I had already bought some other stuff, but I plan to get that fragrance soon. I love the lotion.

I don't burn a lot of candles but I like to have them in the house. You can smell them without lighting them. If the scent fades, just rough the surface of the candle with an old pantyhose and they are like new again.

rosiedog, I made that soup today. You were right, the 1/2 and 1/2 worked just fine. It really is delicious.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My Bed, Bath, and Beyond has an extensive Yankee Candle section, having recently expanded it. They also carry other candles. We also have a separate store that is a sizeable Yankee Candle store only. As you may imagine, it can be a bit overwhelming. The choices in the Yankee store seem to never end.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    If you go anywhere to the west of Denver you'll be up in higher elevation and I'm sure you'll see leaves changing color.

My recommended tourist drive is that you go up I-25 to Highway 14 (west) and follow that up the Cache La Poudre River.

It's Tour Number 4 on the following page:

http://www.ftcollins.org/scenicdrivingtours.htm

Trust me, you'll see beautiful sights on that drive, and it's a quick left off I-25 so you'll have easy access to it.

Think of me when you're driving on that road, 'cause when I lived out there I road my bike up and down that Poudre Canyon all the time, for more than ten years.

I'll be in Colorado Springs visiting my brother, so I'm guessing he will have some places in mind. I've been all over the state so I'm familiar with that route, thanks Pom.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 09-05-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I am so bad about the names, but my favorite is Clean Cotton I think. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my mom would iron my dad's white dress shirts.

I also like buttercream or butter cookie and sunwashed linen.
    I love the buttercream scent. Though my favorite has to be Hot Cocoa (I think that's the name!)...it smells good enough to eat. It's a really rich, chocolate/cocoa scent.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    OK! I love you all, but could we find a topic with a little less estrogen?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think any thread entitled "Koffee Klatch" is going to carry a heaping helping of hormones harmful to the male of the species.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Hey Newf! What's your favorite brand of work boots?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Redwings all the way! Expensive, but they hold together pretty well when I'm out doing manly things. Plus the smell of the leather reminds me of a Yankee Candle, Pony in the Mist.

OMG!! I've become one of them!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread